Assistant Director of Student-Athlete Services
Assistant Director of Student-Athlete Services
Job ID: 221610
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Working under leadership of the Director, oversee day-to-day activities of Student-Athlete Services, including eligibility review process and reporting. Collaborate with campus advising units in developing academic schedules, counseling regarding change of major requests and auditing student progress towards graduation. Provide academic advisement support for prospective, current, and former students within specified sport and in specified undergraduate academic department/College.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Monitor academic progress as it relates to NCAA and Georgia Southern policies and regulations
- Assist in recruiting process by meeting with prospective student-athletes and families to provide information regarding academics at Georgia Southern
- Meet with designated co-horts of student-athletes to track academic progress
- Perform preliminary evaluation of transfer credits towards Georgia Southern policies and NCAA rules
- Assess academic level and attend to student-athlete academic inquiries
- Advise on academic program changes
- Analyze applications, transfer evaluations, and transcripts for entry to and exit from University
- Develop and maintain appropriate files and records
- May advise and assist students in development of academic plans and class schedules
- Advise student-athletes as assigned
- Ensure that designated athletic staff receives daily academic reports
- Review eligibility documents for designated sports
- Supervise Graduate Assistants and Interns
- Conduct training and continuing education for graduate assistants
- Create individualized academic support plans and goals
- Promote study skill development and diverse learning strategies
- Communicate with athletics administration, coaching staff and faculty regarding student-athlete progress
- Bachelor's degree
- Two or more years of related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Master's degree
- Supervisory experience
$44,400 - $49,300
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google and e-mail
- Ability to learn related statistical and computer applications
- Ability to analyze issues and find solutions
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Skilled in application of data collection, research and analysis, and development of related conclusions and recommendations
- Effective communication (verbal and written)/report writing, presentation, organizational and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service-centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek occasionally extends beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Travel required
- Ability to maneuver items up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
Standard and Education
0103001 - Student Athlete Srvs-Academics
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221610&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency