Manager - Accounts Payable
Manager - Accounts Payable
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
Under the general direction of the Senior Associate Vice President / Controller, this position manages the day-to-day operation of all aspects of the accounts payable and travel accounting unit through policy and procedure implementation, recommendation, and compliance. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the overall goals and objectives of the unit are accomplished efficiently and effectively. The incumbent provides direct leadership to employees, including recruitment, training, supervision, coaching, and performance evaluation. The incumbent manages staff's workflow to accomplish unit goals effectively, efficiently, and according to Board of Regents policy, state, and federal statutes/regulations. The incumbent must register with the on-line Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) Matching Program offered by the IRS upon appointment.
This position requires consistent and reliable attendance and some travel to other campuses / work sites. It requires ability to work evenings and weekends when needed. Its office is currently located at the North Las Vegas campus.
- Manage the operation of Accounts Payable and Travel Accounting.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the office and resolve complex issues.
- Represent CSN in NSHE system-wide working group on topics related to accounts payable and travel accounting.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders as needed to address compliance issues, provide training, and resolve problems.
- Maintain vendor relationships and resolve payment inquiries as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of annual IRS filings, e.g. 1099-Misc and 1042S.
- Review documents for hosting expenses.
- Provide direct leadership to the employees of the office.
- Develop practices that improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the accounts payable function.
- Manage month-end closing and year-end closing of AP and travel items, provide support to the accounting team to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assist with various projects as assigned, e.g. annual audit schedules, public record requests, and ad hoc reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; Business Administration; Finance or related field OR Associate degree with 4 years of equivalent experience OR In lieu of education, 8 years of equivalent experience
- 4 years of full-time professional experience in accounts payable.
- 1 year of full-time supervisory experience with direct reports.
- 2 or more years of full-time supervisory experience, including coaching, training, recruitment, performance evaluation, and team building.
- 2 or more years of full-time working experience with Workday or similar ERP financial business processes applicable to accounts payable and travel accounting.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency with account reconciliations, period close, maintaining accuracy of the GL, and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to research, understand, and apply IRS regulations related to the1099 reporting and 1042S reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedures and organize workflow to meet organizational and operational needs effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, research, communicate, and resolve issues.
- Working knowledge of relevant NSHE Board of Regents policies and procedures, with the ability to research, understand, and apply.
- Demonstrated effective communication, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform essential job functions effectively in a virtual work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, with advanced skill in Excel.
Starting Salary Range
Administrative Faculty Grade D
$72,864 - $83,747
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
- Contact information for three professional references
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59 pm the day prior to the position close date.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Manager---Accounts-Payable_R0122822
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency