Hudson County Community College
Position Vacancy Notice
(Posting date: 11/03/2020)
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus campus has abundant parking.
Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, HCCC serves more than 18,000 credit and non-credit students annually. The College offers more than 60 degree and certificate programs, including award-winning English as a Second Language, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Fine and Performing Arts. The HCCC Culinary/Hospitality Management program was ranked number six in the U.S. by Best Choice Schools. Over 94% of HCCC Nursing program graduates passed the NCLEX first time out, placing the program’s graduates in the top tier of two- and four-year nursing programs nationwide. In 2017, the Equality of Opportunity Project ranked HCCC in the top 5% of 2,200 U.S. higher education institutions for social mobility. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream as part of its expanding efforts towards continuous improvement in ensuring student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education.
The College has been recognized with numerous national and state awards for excellence in student success programming, diversity, and equity, educational innovativeness, facilities design, and communications from the Association of Community College Trustees, American Association of Community Colleges, Association of College and Research Libraries, National College Learning Association, National Council of Teachers of English, College Advertising Awards, New Jersey Business & Industry Association, and others.
Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all its forms.
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, training courses, seminars, webinars, and pathways to a degree program for community members and businesses. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses, and pursuing pastimes and passions. Additionally, the HCCC Center for Business & Industry (CBI) is the area leader in developing and delivering educational classes and programs for Hudson County’s businesses, organizations, and individuals. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County community.
Position Summary/Job Description
Reporting to the Grant Project Director, the Alumni Manager requires a broad range of skills to meet the multiple demands of alumni. There is a blend of alumni who are seasoned professionals that want to give back to the college and be involved while there are others who need continued support on their career journeys – and everything in between. This is a full-time, grant-funded position.
- Create and implement campaign strategies to increase alumni engagement,
- Track activity and manage an alumni network platform – increase users and engagement, manage employer partnerships and job posts, send mass communications, create reports, and perform data analysis.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Career Services, Marketing, the HCCC Foundation, the Alumni Association, and faculty to advance initiatives like philanthropy and volunteer/mentorship.
- Design, develop, and project manages virtual and in person events to maintain engagement and foster community.
- Identify and develop business relationships for events, recruitment opportunities, and job placement.
- Design content and market Alumni services via social media, community bulletins, presentations, electronic communication, and other forms of advertising.
- Document all services and create reports to inform departmental strategy and goals.
- Participate in college committees and events, including external networking opportunities, to increase alumni engagement and partnerships.
- Flexibility to work some nights/weekends and at multiple sites for activities and events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned to increase alumni engagement and outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree: required in any industry/field.
- 5 Years of Experience: required in any industry/field. Alumni Services are more successful and dynamic when teams come to the table with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are looking for people with industry knowledge to align with alumni of relevant majors, industry experience, and career goals.
- Will consider a combination of experience with a master’s degree
- Bi-lingual preferred: Spanish / Arabic languages are a priority for the community.
- Technology Skills: To reach 100% of the student body, the department relies on technology to scale its efforts. We need individuals skilled in database management, spreadsheets, video conferencing, email management, word processing, and electronic presentations.
- Engagement Skills: This concept is robust and inclusive – engaging alumni for the first time demands sales skills, customer service skills, and marketing skills. Attention to detail and ability to write well impacts engagement.
- Flexibility: HCCC strives to be agile and flex to the evolving needs of alumni, the local community, and changes in the labor market. We want you if you can thrive in environments that change.
- Strategic Thinking: We are a culture of continuous improvement. Your thoughtful attention to program challenges, the contribution of ideas, having a vision, and setting goals are significant to the college’s growth.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Closing Date of Applications
Posted until the position is filled
Review of applications to begin
For full consideration please send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of three professional references to Madeline Carchia, Email: [email protected], Phone Number: (201)360-5327.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Alumni Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly