Hudson County Community College
Position Vacancy Notice
(Posting date: 11/03/2020)
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus campus has abundant parking.
Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, HCCC serves more than 18,000 credit and non-credit students annually. The College offers more than 60 degree and certificate programs, including award-winning English as a Second Language, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Fine and Performing Arts. The HCCC Culinary/Hospitality Management program was ranked number six in the U.S. by Best Choice Schools. Over 94% of HCCC Nursing program graduates passed the NCLEX first time out, placing the program’s graduates in the top tier of two- and four-year nursing programs nationwide. In 2017, the Equality of Opportunity Project ranked HCCC in the top 5% of 2,200 U.S. higher education institutions for social mobility. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream as part of its expanding efforts towards continuous improvement in ensuring student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education.
The College has been recognized with numerous national and state awards for excellence in student success programming, diversity, and equity, educational innovativeness, facilities design, and communications from the Association of Community College Trustees, American Association of Community Colleges, Association of College and Research Libraries, National College Learning Association, National Council of Teachers of English, College Advertising Awards, New Jersey Business & Industry Association, and others.
Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all its forms.
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, training courses, seminars, webinars, and pathways to a degree program for community members and businesses. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses, and pursuing pastimes and passions. Additionally, the HCCC Center for Business & Industry (CBI) is the area leader in developing and delivering educational classes and programs for Hudson County’s businesses, organizations, and individuals. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County community.
Position Summary/Job Description
Reporting to the Grant Project Director, the Business Developer is primarily responsible for identifying small, medium, and large size businesses in Hudson County in key sectors including healthcare, finance, insurance, technology, and logistics. The College is seeking to engage businesses as partners in three targeted areas: those with open positions that can be posted on the alumni job board, those with internship or externship opportunities for students, and those with an interest in an advisory role on the identification of in-demand skills and curriculum development. The Business Developer will generate new customer relationships resulting in participation in one of the three areas listed above, maintain existing relationships, and establish business advisory boards. The Business Developer will provide excellent customer service, maintain up-to-date customer information, and ensure that program goals are met. Further, the Business Developer will perform due diligence research to remain current on industry and business trends, products, and news. This is a full-time, grant-funded position.
- Understand business sectors in Hudson County and employer needs; able to translate into services described above.
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on prospective customer business needs.
- Identify key staff in businesses and cultivate relationships.
- Develop productive customer relationships while maintaining the existing customer base.
- Partner with HCCC colleagues to create new business relationships.
- Resolve customer concerns quickly and effectively.
- Identify opportunities for broadening business relationships with multiple college departments.
- Promote the value of partnership with HCCC.
- Meet targets for obtaining and maintaining partnerships.
- Gain solid knowledge of key sectors.
- Collaborate with program staff to ensure a positive end to end experience.
- Become a subject matter expert on HCCC processes, products, and operations, and remain up to date on industry news.
- Other duties as assigned by Grant Project Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree: required in any industry/field or associate’s degree with 10 years of experience.
- Experience: required in customer relationship management.
- Will consider a combination of experience with a master’s degree
- Bi-lingual preferred: Spanish / Arabic languages are a priority for the community.
- Technology Skills: The department relies on technology to scale its efforts. We need individuals skilled in database management, spreadsheets, video conferencing, email management, word processing, and electronic presentations. Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Engagement Skills: This concept is robust and inclusive – engaging business owners for first-time demand sales skills, customer service skills, and marketing skills. Attention to detail and ability to write well impacts engagement.
- Flexibility: HCCC strives to be agile and flex to the evolving needs of the business, the local community, and changes in the labor market. We want you if you can thrive in environments that change.
- Strategic Thinking: We are a culture of continuous improvement. Your thoughtful attention to program challenges, the contribution of ideas, having a vision, and setting goals is significant to the college’s growth and
- Ability to interact effectively with various HCCC departments and to represent the College with external agencies.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Closing Date of Applications
Posted until the position is filled
Review of applications to begin
For full consideration please send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of three professional references to Madeline Carchia, Email: [email protected], Phone Number: (201)360-5327.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Business Developer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly