CEWD Coordinator – Healthcare Programs
Hudson County Community College
Position Vacancy Notice
CEWD Coordinator – Healthcare Programs
(Posting date: 11/03/2020)
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus campus has abundant parking.
Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, HCCC serves more than 18,000 credit and non-credit students annually. The College offers more than 60 degree and certificate programs, including award-winning English as a Second Language, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Fine and Performing Arts. The HCCC Culinary/Hospitality Management program was ranked number six in the U.S. by Best Choice Schools. Over 94% of HCCC Nursing program graduates passed the NCLEX first time out, placing the program’s graduates in the top tier of two- and four-year nursing programs nationwide. In 2017, the Equality of Opportunity Project ranked HCCC in the top 5% of 2,200 U.S. higher education institutions for social mobility. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream as part of its expanding efforts towards continuous improvement in ensuring student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education.
The College has been recognized with numerous national and state awards for excellence in student success programming, diversity, and equity, educational innovativeness, facilities design, and communications from the Association of Community College Trustees, American Association of Community Colleges, Association of College and Research Libraries, National College Learning Association, National Council of Teachers of English, College Advertising Awards, New Jersey Business & Industry Association, and others.
Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all its forms.
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, training courses, seminars, webinars, and pathways to a degree program for community members and businesses. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses, and pursuing pastimes and passions. Additionally, the HCCC Center for Business & Industry (CBI) is the area leader in developing and delivering educational classes and programs for Hudson County’s businesses, organizations, and individuals. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County community.
Position Summary/Job Description
Reporting to the Grant Project Director, the Coordinator interfaces with students, instructors, and other College departments to ensure that classes are scheduled and staffed, instructional offerings are of the highest standard, books and supplies are ordered, and the program is run professionally. The position supports the department by providing customer service, registration, course coordination, and seeks to resolve student issues and concerns. Additionally, the Coordinator assists in developing and implementing new courses and programs based on community needs. This is a full-time, grant-funded position.
- Interface directly with students and the general public.
- Provide a speedy response to all student concerns and complaints.
- Be the primary point of contact for instructors.
- Ensure proper registrations and record-keeping; works closely with office administrative staff to accomplish tasks.
- Collaborate with the Nursing and Health Sciences Division to develop and/or modify health care programs and curriculum.
- Works with regional employers to identify job openings and training opportunities for incumbent workers.
- Recruit, select, and enroll eligible students for healthcare programs.
- Provides academic and non-academic support or referrals to ensure student completion and graduation.
- Maintain participant records and track participant progress, including placement and retention information.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal and other grant requirements.
- Collaborate on the forecasting and tracking of individual project expenses.
- Prepare regular program reports.
- Participate in all aspects of program evaluation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, where needed, to ensure appropriate coverage of the Continuing Education and Workforce Development division.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree: required in any industry/field. Associate’s degree with 5 years’ experience may be considered in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 Years of Experience: Demonstrated experience in workforce programs, higher education non-credit training, student counseling, or related experience.
- Bi-lingual preferred: Spanish / Arabic languages are a priority for the community.
- Technology Skills: In order to reach 100% of the student body, the department relies on technology to scale its efforts. We need individuals skilled in database management, spreadsheets, video conferencing, email management, word processing, electronic presentations, and knowledge of Salesforce.
- Engagement Skills: This concept is robust and inclusive – engaging students, faculty, and staff for first-time demand sales skills, customer service skills, and marketing skills. Attention to detail and ability to write well to impact engagement.
- Flexibility: HCCC strives to be agile and flex to the evolving needs of students, faculty, staff, and the local community. We want you if you can thrive in environments that change. This position requires some travel throughout the County.
- Strategic Thinking: We are a culture of continuous improvement. Your thoughtful attention to program challenges, the contribution of ideas, having a vision, and setting goals are significant to the college’s growth.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Closing Date of Applications
Posted until the position is filled
Review of applications to begin
For full consideration please send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of three professional references to Madeline Carchia, Email: [email protected], Phone Number: (201)360-5327.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Apply for CEWD Coordinator – Healthcare Programs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly