Health Program Recruiter and Job Developer
Hudson County Community College
Position Vacancy Notice
Health Program Recruiter and Job Developer
(Posting date: 11/03/2020)
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus campus has abundant parking.
Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, HCCC serves more than 18,000 credit and non-credit students annually. The College offers more than 60 degree and certificate programs, including award-winning English as a Second Language, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Fine and Performing Arts. The HCCC Culinary/Hospitality Management program was ranked number six in the U.S. by Best Choice Schools. Over 94% of HCCC Nursing program graduates passed the NCLEX first time out, placing the program’s graduates in the top tier of two- and four-year nursing programs nationwide. In 2017, the Equality of Opportunity Project ranked HCCC in the top 5% of 2,200 U.S. higher education institutions for social mobility. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream as part of its expanding efforts towards continuous improvement in ensuring student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education.
The College has been recognized with numerous national and state awards for excellence in student success programming, diversity, and equity, educational innovativeness, facilities design, and communications from the Association of Community College Trustees, American Association of Community Colleges, Association of College and Research Libraries, National College Learning Association, National Council of Teachers of English, College Advertising Awards, New Jersey Business & Industry Association, and others.
Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all its forms.
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, training courses, seminars, webinars, and pathways to a degree program for community members and businesses. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses, and pursuing pastimes and passions. Additionally, the HCCC Center for Business & Industry (CBI) is the area leader in developing and delivering educational classes and programs for Hudson County’s businesses, organizations, and individuals. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County community.
Position Summary/Job Description
Reporting to the Grant Project Director, the Health Program Recruiter implements student recruitment initiatives and coordinates various recruitment activities in support of the strategic enrollment initiatives of the College. This is a full-time grant-funded position.
- Coordinate, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate student recruitment programs for schools and the business and industry community to promote the College and its programs, to attract students and increase student enrollment, and to emphasize the College’s commitment to providing educational opportunities to a diverse and multi-cultural community. May coordinate recruitment initiatives for a specialized program.
- Interview, counsel, and admit day/evening applicants in accordance with established College policies and procedures, applicable federal guidelines, established Student and Academic Affairs policies and procedures, and the rules and regulations defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Actively participate in external and internal College recruitment programs via public and media presentations.
- Coordinate and actively participate in Open House events and College tours at various on-site and off-site campus locations.
- Complete and maintain various recruiting and admissions documentation and records.
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of process improvement systems specifically related to recruiting operations and administrative activities to streamline operations, enhance existing procedures, and increase the operating efficiency of department operations.
- Continue to develop professional skills through independent research, networking, attending seminars and workshops, etc., to maintain awareness of current and changing trends in education and specific to recruiting and admissions. Remains knowledgeable of regulatory issues specific to student recruitment and admissions, general enrollment services, and administrative activities.
- Represent the College to current and prospective students, guidance counselors, and external constituencies. Project a positive self-image of professionalism, appearance, confidentiality, courtesy, conduct, honesty, fairness, and personal integrity at all times.
- Supports students in job searching and placement.
- Establishes and maintains industry and organization relationships to source job openings and secure employment.
- Evaluates student's background, skills, and interests and matches potential openings.
- Perform other student recruitment services and job development activities, as required. Actively participates in special projects, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree: required in any industry/field.
- 3 Years of Experience: in recruiting and admissions and/or job development.
- Bi-lingual preferred: Spanish / Arabic languages are a priority for the community.
- Technology Skills: The department relies on technology to scale its efforts. We need individuals skilled in database management, spreadsheets, video conferencing, email management, word processing, and electronic presentations.
- Engagement Skills: This concept is robust and inclusive – prospect students for the first time demand sales skills, customer service skills, and marketing skills. Attention to detail and ability to write well impacts engagement.
- Flexibility: HCCC strives to be agile and flex to the evolving needs of alumni, the local community, and changes in the labor market. We want you if you can thrive in environments that change.
- Strategic Thinking: We are a culture of continuous improvement. Your thoughtful attention to program challenges, the contribution of ideas, having a vision, and setting goals are significant to the college’s growth.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
Closing Date of Applications
Posted until the position is filled
Review of applications to begin
For full consideration please send a resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of three professional references to Madeline Carchia, Email: [email protected], Phone Number: (201)360-5327.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.