Housekeeper (part-time), Reynolda House Museum of American Art
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-11-04
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
Education, Experience and Training
High school graduate plus one year work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures
- Ability to read and follow cleaning instructions and schedules
- Basic knowledge of housekeeping and cleaning practices
- Basic knowledge of the Reynolda House Museum or ability to learn in a short period of time
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language
- Ability to work occasional evenings as required
Medium work. Talking, hearing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 pounds, carrying up to 25 pounds, pushing, pulling, grasping. Close visual acuity. Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Cleans facility rooms to include windows, doors and glass, vacuuming, dusting and emptying trash
- Cleans common areas, bathrooms, hallways and stairwells
- Mops kitchen, flower room, pantry
- Mops/waxes game room, bowling room, shooting gallery, bar, pool area
- Sweeps front and back entrances, keeping outside porches clear of leaves and debris
- Spot cleans carpet as needed
- Reports all matters of safety to Facilities Coordinator and/or Director of Facilities, as needed
- Follows all policies and procedures of the Historic House and Museum
- Able to wash and dry linins using conventional washer and dryer
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The hours for this position may include weekends and some evenings during special events as scheduled.
Responsible for own work only.
Must arrive on time and be dependable.
Works with general supervision. Reports to the Facilities Coordinator
Accountable for accomplishing daily cleaning schedule as assigned
Must be able to prioritize cleaning issues as neededAdditional Job DescriptionTime Type RequirementPart timeNote to Applicant:This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.