10018581 Administrative Assistant
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Facilities Administration Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing receptionist and clerical support for department operations.
- Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; takes messages; refers to appropriate personnel.
- Manages voice mail.
- Maintains conference room and golf cart reservations.
- Maintains training records for annual reporting.
- Updates key spreadsheet
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Issues work orders, and assigns to appropriate Facility staff member.
- Reviews work orders and void any duplicate work orders.
- Follows up with Facilities employees to ensure work orders are updated, completed, and closed out appropriately and in a timely manner. Produces work order reports as requested.
- Coordinates driver/vehicle registration as needed; processes vehicle charge sheets.
- Orders supplies/materials; researches maintenance supply costs and orders as directed; orders fuel.
- Maintains vendor files.
- Receives and processes space utilization forms.
- Coordinates Facilities response with staff.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of college and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Director of Facilities Operations assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with instructions and established procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include department and university policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of related receptionist and clerical duties. Frequent interruptions contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to provide receptionist and clerical support for department operations. Successful performance helps ensure the efficiency of department operations.
- All employees must pass a background check, motor vehicle report, and may be required to submit for a credit check for issuance of a purchasing card. MGA is a drug-, alcohol-, and tobacco-free campus.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college employees, vendors, contractors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- No experience requirements.
- Possession of valid driver’s license.
- This position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 12.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018581 Administrative Assistant – Facilities 11.4.2020”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D