Assistant Professor of Research - Orthopaedics
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-04
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Research Assistant Professor will primarily investigate the use of stem cells in the treatment of sports-related injuries and musculoskeletal conditions. This research can have a significant impact on the way stem cell-based therapeutic approaches will be designed in the near future for sports medicine and orthopaedic injuries in general. This Research Assistant Professor will also assist with research investigating a cure for Type 1 diabetes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Appointees are expected to have national recognition in their field as evidenced by publications in quality journals and some evidence of leadership as denoted by the first or lead authorship in some of these publications.
• Appointees are also expected to have presented research accomplishments at national meetings.
• Appointees will support research activities at the University.
• Appointees may be required to supervise Research employees and/or nonexempt staff.
• Appointees will play leadership role in basic and applied research activities and are expected to author, scientific publications, technical and agency reports, or patient applications independently or in collaborations.
• Appointees are expected to write extramural proposals and to independently gain such support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge in Adult Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine.
Knowledge in tissue engineering.
Knowledge in Orthopaedics
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• Ph.D., M.D. or other doctoral level degree.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• At least ten years of relevant post-doctoral research experience.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:FacultyPay Grade:50