Senior Administrative Assistant
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-11-04
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University of Miami UMHC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Administrative Assistant.
- Primarily exercises discretion and independent judgment in daily activities.
- Completes special assignments requiring collecting, organizing, and analyzing data which may be the basis for significant decisions.
- Assists in preparing budgets, provides advice regarding budget projects, and monitors expenses.
- Prepares reports which summarize financial and statistical information related to work unit’s budget, accounts, activities, program clientele and operations.
- Advises management of unusual trends, funding levels and expenditures, assists with budget development by compiling information to support projected expenditures in specific areas such as operating costs or travel costs.
- May act as the lead for a unit of lower level administrative support personnel, plans, organizes and oversees the activities and operations of the office unit.
- May establishes and implements procedures.
- Performs complex assignments and resolves issues and problems referred by staff or the supervisor.
- Trains and assists in the evaluation of performance of assigned personnel.
- Ensures completed work products meet required timelines and standards of quality and quantity.
- Has signing authority and makes purchasing decisions.
- Resolves unique situations where each contact must be handled differently using judgment discretion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
Five (5) years of progressive related experience. Equivalent combinations of education/experience may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104