IT Web Designer/Developer II
PG190681EPInternal Recruitment :
IT Web Designer/Developer IIAnticipated Hiring Range:
$70,000 - $77,000Work Schedule:
M-F; 8am - 5pmJob Location:
Raleigh, NCAbout the Department:
The Industry Expansion Solutions is a major component of the State’s economic development operation by diffusing engineering, science, and technology to North Carolina industry, business, and public agencies for the enhancement of quality, productivity, and environmental protection. This is accomplished by delivering and/or developing professional education and technical assistance that meet the needs of industry leaders and technical professionals and are best practices to promote corporate growth and the production of quality products.Essential Job Duties:
We seek a Senior Salesforce Administrator to help us with key initiatives for our 5-year old Salesforce implementation. This position will first and foremost maintain the system and its customizations. This position will also document the existing processes and workflows as well as work with the various units within IES to realize the full capability of the CRM. This position will also be responsible for maintaining a handful of internal web applications that support internal business processes. This IT Web Designer/Developer II will be required to consult with clients, gather and analyze business requirements and determining the most effective technical strategy to accomplish project goals. The employee will also design and implement reports and dashboards as requested in order to enable management to make data-driven decisions. This position also requires collaboration with other developers, staff members, and management, including persons in other departments and vendors. The position is also responsible for the quality of all systems across the enterprise, including developing technical documentation.
• Salesforce Development/Administration – Manage and continuously improve the organization’s Salesforce system to include custom enhancements, apps and integrations with a variety of systems internal and external to the university. Work with the IES Reporting specialist to support the reporting needs to make the reporting process more efficient. Work with the Business Officer develop and maintain business objects and modules. Administer the Salesforce instance, including creating user accounts, monitoring security logs, and creating and maintaining automated processes.
• Other Business System Development & Support: Modify and maintain existing applications to enhance functionality as well as to integrate with Salesforce when possible. Continue working with the university’s Office of Information Technology to assist IES’ non-credit registration functionality and OSHA Card Tool processing and reporting in REPORTER. Maintain the OSHA Training Institute Center’s document repository and community site. Maintain the Manufactured in North Carolina site. Develop the archival system for legacy ColdFusion apps to a different codebase.
• Project Management/Customer Support: Consult with internal stakeholders to ascertain needs and gather requirements and plan and manage projects under minimal supervision. Provide technical support on system issues to users. Independently resolve routine and non-routine problems and verify problem resolution. Make suggestions for technical modifications to improve the functionality and efficiency of systems. Work with IES IT Tech Support to provide help desk processes for Salesforce. 10/22/2020 NC State University :: Action Print Preview https://jobs.ncsu.edu/hr/actions/63700/print_preview 5/10
• Organizational Awareness: Participate on internal teams at IES as well as IT groups on campus (OIT, ITECS, etc.) in order to keep us informed of IT policies and changes at the university as well as to maintain our SLA with ITECS. Participate on MEP technical teams when possible.
• Develop, implement and maintain PHP-based internal web applications and sites through all phases of the software development life cycle
• Consult with clients to gather requirements and determine technical strategy
• Project manage the application development process from conception to testing and ultimately to implementation
• Develop technical documentation on sites and applications for users and other technical professionals
• Understanding of database schemas, including relational databases
• Work with colleagues from other campus departments to support the technical infrastructure and develop data integrations
• Work with third-party vendors to support hosted applications, including making decisions on new functionality to be added and ensuring access to hosted data
• Develop report interfaces and dashboards as requested• Provide technical representation for IES on internal and external teams
•Develop, implement and maintain internal web applications and sites through all phases of the software development life cycle
•Consult with clients to gather requirements and determine technical strategy
•Project manage the application development process from conception to testing and ultimately to implementation
•Develop technical documentation on sites and applications for users and other technical professionals
•Understanding of database schemas, including relational databases (MSSQL and MySQL) and SQL
•Work with colleagues from other campus departments to support the technical infrastructure and develop data integrations
•Work with third-party vendors to support hosted applications, including making decisions on new functionality to be added and ensuring access to hosted data
•Develop report interfaces and dashboards as requested
•Provide technical representation for IES on internal and external teams
Bachelors and 2 years of relevant exp, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1+ year’s automated CRM management experiences in cloud technologyOther Required Qualifications:
Experience as a Salesforce Administration and Developer (certification preferred)
• Strong background in web development as well as Salesforce or similar CRM system
• Software development life cycle
• Project management (from conception to implementation)
• Process flows
• Requirements gathering
• Technical documentation
• Analytical skills
• Customer service
• Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal
• Strong application development and project management skills
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and ability to take complete ownership of
At least two years of experience as a Salesforce Administration and Developer (certification preferred)
1+ years designing web applications through the entire software development life cycle (requirements gathering, process mapping, prototypes/wireframes, user testing, and deployment)Required License(s) or Certification(s):
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
YesCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
11/03/2020Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledPosition Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
140701 - Industry Expansion SolutionsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.