Research Fellow (Technologist)
Job no: 506689
Work type: Senior/Research Fellow (Amherst Only)
Location: UMass Amherst
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Union: Non-Unit Exempt
About UMass Amherst
UMass Amherst, the Commonwealth's flagship campus, is a nationally ranked public research university offering a full range of undergraduate, graduate and professional degrees. The University sits on nearly 1,450-acres in the scenic Pioneer Valley of Western Massachusetts, and offers a rich cultural environment in a bucolic setting close to major urban centers. In addition, the University is part of the Five Colleges (including Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, and Smith College), which adds to the intellectual energy of the region.
Responsible for conducting cancer immunoengineering research as a Research Technologist working closely with Prof. Prabhani Atukorale. Main research laboratory will be located at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA. Will work both independently and as part of a larger team of interdisciplinary scientists/engineers.
- Perform scientific studies and collect/analyze data involving but not limited to the following experimental areas:
- Nanomaterials synthesis & chemistry, materials characterization, mammalian cell culture, a range of molecular biology assays, animal husbandry, animal surgery, and animal imaging.
- Performs related duties as assigned or required to meet Department, Executive Area/Division, and University goals and objectives.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensure)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering, Biology, or closely related fields is preferred.
- Ability to use sound judgment in normal and emergency situations.
- Prior in vivo experience is ideal.
- Appointment valid 3/1/21-2/28/22, or as long as research funding exists. Benefited position.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Apply using the “Apply Now” button and include CV, Cover Letter, and list three professional references. Email Dr. Atukorale ([email protected]) directly with questions.
UMass Amherst is committed to a policy of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information in employment, admission to and participation in academic programs, activities, and services, and the selection of vendors who provide services or products to the University. To fulfill that policy, UMass Amherst is further committed to a program of affirmative action to eliminate or mitigate artificial barriers and to increase opportunities for the recruitment and advancement of qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and covered veterans. It is the policy of the UMass Amherst to comply with the applicable federal and state statutes, rules, and regulations concerning equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Advertised: Nov 2 2020 Eastern Standard Time