COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER,ENG College of Engineering, Systems Engineering Tracking Code2874 Job Description
The Communications Manager will develop and manage the public face of the Division of Systems Engineering (SE) and the Division of Materials Science & Engineering (MSE), through website design and management, direction and management of the MSE colloquia series and a variety of special events open to outside institutions and industry. Write, edit, and publish the annual reports and other publications. Additional responsibilities will include development of a client base within and outside the University for targeted initiatives for the two Divisions and the Center for Information Systems Engineering (CISE.) Work with faculty across several different departments and colleges to initiate highly visible and stimulating events designed to increase visibility, and potentially lead to new research collaborations that will generate new grants and gifts to BU. The position will make decisions on hiring a variety of BU services and well as deciding when outsourcing will be required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience creating and maintaining websites using WordPress. Experience with HTML editor software a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, CS In Design
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve
- Ability to lead and manage multiple, concurrent projects to meet deadlines within budgetary constraints
- Ability to initiate and monitor financial transactions and manage a budget
- Experience hiring, training, and supervising office staff
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular