Curriculum and Instruction Adjunct Professor
Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Curriculum and Instruction Adjunct ProfessorDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct Faculty Member will be responsible for teaching courses as assigned. Faculty will take advantage of teaching moments and opportunities through the use of weekly announcements and emails. The professor will also carry out various administrative tasks as dictated to them by their Instructional Mentor, the Faculty Support Coordinator, the Online Chair, or the Associate Dean. These administrative tasks will include items such as roster verification, reporting items, and timely submission of final grades.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
Applicant must have a PhD or EdD in Curriculum and Instruction.
- Full doctrinal compatibility with Liberty University.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University’s online automated application process.Preferred Qualifications:
PhD or EdD in Curriculum and Instruction with a state educator’s license.Work Hours:
Because this is an online position, the work hours will vary throughout the week.Posting Date: