Post Doctoral Fellow (Multiple Openings)
Job Description Summary
The Center for Integration of Science and Industry has multiple openings for Post-Doc opportunities. These positions are limited-term, grant-funded positions through June 30, 2021, and renewed annually based on performance and funding levels.
The Center's mission is to accelerate the process by which scientific discoveries are translated to create public value. Specifically, the Center's research focuses on developing an integrated understanding of the ecosystem for biomedical innovation, focused on the synergistic roles of science and business in developing successful products and companies. Fellows with a background in biomedical or pharmaceutical sciences will have the opportunity to learn principles of business, finance, and public policy, as well as their impact on the efficiency of translational science. Fellows will also have the opportunity to learn advanced data analytical skills.
The Center anticipates the availability of several positions becoming available in 2021. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
This fellowship is particularly appropriate for individuals exploring a transition from biomedical science to a career in industry or consulting.
Please visit http://www.bentley.edu for more information about Bentley University and www.bentley.edu/sciindustry for more information about the Center for Integration of Science and Industry.
- The Post-Doctoral Fellow carries out a research program under the guidance of a faculty member.
- Conducting a research program focused on the advance of basic and translational science, clinical development of new drugs, finance of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology business models, and the role of government in biomedical innovation and creating public value.
- Authoring manuscripts in peer reviewed journals and working papers. Representing the Center's research at scientific and industry meetings.
- Supervise graduate and undergraduate student researchers.
- Candidates should have a doctorate degree, or equivalent terminal degree, in a relevant field of biomedical science, bioinformatics, biochemistry, pharmaceutical science, public health, or public policy.
- Applicants with professional interest in business or public policy are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals must be proficient in routine computer applications, such as Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and have familiarity with common statistical methods.
- Applicants with working knowledge of statistical software (SPSS, SAS), programming/scripting languages (SQL, R, or Python), visualization platforms (Tableau), or cloud computing (AWS) are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals with industry experience, and those exploring a transition from biomedical science to careers in the biopharmaceutical industry, consulting, or investment are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
- Ability to travel within and possibly outside of campus for work related meetings and events
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.