10018340 Accounts Payable Technician
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsSchool/Department: Accounts Payable Primary Location: Cochran Position: Staff Job Type: Full Time Position Close Date: Until Filled Description:
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the University’s accounts payable processes.
Prepares, maintains, and processes all accounts payable. (90%)
- Performs financial tasks related to the payment of invoices for goods and services purchases by authorized personnel of Middle Georgia State University, including reimbursements for students, faculty and staff.
- Keys check request vouchers for invoices received for payment from outside vendors and campus personnel as appropriate; obtains proper approval of check requests from department heads and account services personnel prior to processing.
- Performs all duties related to the processing of payments against and maintenance of active purchase orders for goods and services.
- Requests receipts of vendor tax form W-9; maintains W-9 files.
- Performs all financial tasks related to the processing of student refunds via check and wire transfer.
- Follows-up and reports returned electronic checks.
- Performs electronic filing of Positive Pay file with bank of record.
- Performs related duties.
Assists with Cochran Campus operational duties. (10%)
- Answers main switchboard for the Cochran campus.
- Performs all Cochran campus Post Office duties as needed.
- Assists with Bursar cashiering functions when necessary on the Cochran Campus.
KNOWLEDGE PREFERRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of state corporation laws as pertaining to tax form W-9.
- Knowledge of banking procedures.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Campus Financial Services Manager assigns work in terms of general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures, accuracy, and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include Board of Regents policies and procedures, Georgia Department of Audits rules and regulations, state purchasing guidelines, state tax laws, and university policies and procedures. These guidelines are generally clear and specific, but may require some interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK:
- The work consists of related duties in support of the University accounts payable functions. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position.
- The purpose of this position is to assist in the University accounts payable functions. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of those functions.
- Contacts are typically with co-workers, other university employees, vendors, and members of the general public.
- Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, or to resolve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing or stooping.
- The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Position is non-exempt (bi-weekly paid).
- Salary grade 14.
TO APPLY: Application materials should be emailed as a Microsoft Word or Adobe.pdf attachment to: [email protected] with the subject line “10018340 Accounts Payable Technician 10.30.2020”. Application materials are to include a resume, an MGA Staff application; a letter of interest which includes salary requirements; and three professional references. Paper application materials will not be accepted.
Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates.
Staff Application - please complete and email with supporting documentsA Unit of the University System of GeorgiaEEO/AA/M/F/V/D