Agricultural Service Technician Instructor - Adjunct (Part-time)
Overview and Responsibilities
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is seeking qualified candidates for an adjunct (part-time) instructor position in our new Agriculture Service Technician program. In addition to serving as the primary instructor in this short-term technical diploma program, this position may assist in the initial development of program curriculum (anticipated to occur prior to June 2021, on a flexible/part-time basis). This position will be based out of our Diesel Education Center.
CVTC instructors are dynamic partners for students, employers, and communities to learn, train, and succeed in an associate degree, technical diploma, basic education, continuing education, and/or contract training program. An instructor works with students beyond the classroom to ensure their success, models CVTC core abilities, and demonstrates commitment to excellence in program/course/training content and delivery. An instructor is able to work effectively in a collaborative environment; is willing to innovate and change to meet evolving program and industry needs; and demonstrates competency with use of technology that supports learning and teaching. An instructor maintains a flexible schedule, including availability for evening, weekend, or online assignments, as appropriate.
- Plan for and instruct courses in the Agriculture Service Technician program.
- Design and implement relevant and progressive curriculum.
- Deliver high-quality instruction through the planning and implementation of effective learning strategies and environments.
- Create performance-based assessments aligned with competencies through formative and summative measures.
- Promote student success through timely communication, growth-based feedback, and implementation of strategies that meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Meet professional expectations by maintaining professional currency and contributing to a collaborative culture across the College.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Please view the Adjunct Instructor Position Description for additional roles and responsibilities of adjunct instructors at CVTC.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in an area preparing a person for the occupational area being taught.
- Minimum of 2 years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in a target job for the program or programs being taught, of which at least 1 year (2,000 hours) shall be within 5 years prior to date of hire. One year (2,000 hours) of recent related occupational experience may be waived if the applicant has at least 2 years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within 5 years prior to date of hire.
- Prior teaching or training experience preferred.
- Qualified per CVTC requirements at time of, and throughout, employment as an instructor. Must also meet and maintain Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirements, Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) standards, and/or other job specific licensing standards.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record; includes meeting all requirements as indicated by CVTC’s insurance carrier.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.Benefits Summary
This position is not eligible for benefits.
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711