Budget Coordinator for University Information Technology
Budget Coordinator for University Information Technology
The Budget Coordinator serves as the primary support person for maintaining Information Technology departmental budgets, ensuring completion of required purchasing and invoices, and providing monthly expenditure reports for Information Technology (IT).This position also serves as a processing point for numerous IWU technology purchases, including items within the computer replacement cycle.This position will serve on the IT Executive Leadership Team and is expected to partner in the advancement of IT’s ability to fulfill our mission and care for our community.A small percentage of the employee’s responsibilities (~10%) will focus on partnering with the CIO for data and research efforts aimed at improving IT’s ability to serve our community, especially from a fiscal responsibility standpoint.
Position reports to the Vice President for Digital Transformation/CIO
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or similar fields strongly preferred. A combination of course completion and significant experience may be considered.
Minimum of 3 years administrative and office experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:• As a member of the IT Executive Leadership Team, partner to improve our financial and processing position as well as contribute to the thoughtful advancement of our mission as a whole. Thoughtful contribution towards improving IT as a department is expected • Provide ongoing budget maintenance reporting, and general assistance for IT, including monthly and quarterly report generation, as well as ad hoc reporting as required• Working with the CIO, construct and develop the departmental annual budget• Work to automate the maintenance and purchasing process to the greatest extent possible leveraging existing and future technologies.• Support the annual budget development process including timelines, documentation requirements, and ensuring all required entries are complete• Review departmental quarterly reports with IT Directors• Process purchasing requests, including the approval, quoting and resultant purchasing life cycle steps• Process, track, and reconcile required journal entries, invoices and p-card purchases related to IT purchasing• Processing of all university purchasing requests related to computer equipment and peripherals• Maintain and track renewal of all enterprise and IT maintenance agreements• Maintain calendars and other tracking tools to ensure all technology renewals are effectively maintained and processed in a timely manner.• Work with the University Budget Office to ensure alignment of process and resources• Responsible for tracking, renewing and charging back for individual software licenses (i.e. Smartsheet, Microsoft Software, etc.) • Assist in the facilitation of the computer replacement process • Process all HR paperwork for hiring of new IT employees (ERF’s, EAF’s, etc)• Other duties as assigned
This position supervises an office student worker.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.Experience:
· Advanced oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated focus on accuracy and attention to detail
· Experience with a variety of office technology, specifically applications and computer hardware related to budget management (spreadsheet, databases, etc.) Experience with Smartsheet a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of budget and financial reporting and processes
· Positive attitude and effective interpersonal skills to work with faculty, student, staff, community members and outside vendors
· Ability to act independently, organize workload, set priorities, work well under deadline pressures, adapt to change, and handle confidential material
· Strong organizational and innovative skills along with attention to detail
· Ability to work in a team environment with a quality customer service focus
· Self-motivation, integrity, and the ability to work under time pressures and deadlines
· Strong analytical skills and ability to think and operate strategically
· Must believe in and live out the Christ-centered mission of the University
· Must have rapport with people and for the IWU community to have confidence in the individual
· A sense of humor is helpful as is the willingness to devote time beyond the normal work day when deadlines or special projects make it necessary
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination.Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University.It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer