Full-Time Nursing Faculty
Locations:: Roxbury Crossing, MA
Posted:: Oct 30, 2020
Closes:: May 14, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Position ID:: 126056
About Roxbury Community College:
About Roxbury Community College:
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College serving a diverse community, including peoples of color, recent immigrants and non-traditional populations. The College's mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL, and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Roxbury Community College Department of Nursing invites applications for a full-time position. We are looking for FOUR faculty members with various specialties. (Med/Surg 2 positions, Fundamentals 1 position, Psych 1 position). Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of nursing courses offered at the associate degree nursing level in the classroom, clinical, simulation and laboratory settings. Roxbury Community College unveiled a state-of-the-art simulated hospital in Fall 2017. RCC is employing a concept-based curriculum.
The faculty member is responsible for developing educational and evaluation materials consistent with the philosophy and framework of the department and in accordance with the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing and Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
The faculty member participates in the review and evaluation of nursing courses and in the evaluation of student performance. He/she participates in departmental, division and college- related committees and activities. Each faculty member is responsible for maintaining current R.N. license and expertise in nursing and teaching specialty.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of Nursing.
Supervision Exercised: None
- Develops instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Participate in systematic evaluation of all components of the program.
- Collaborate with faculty colleagues to develop, support and implement the curriculum, philosophy, conceptual framework, objectives and policies of the Department.
- Actively participate in curriculum development, course refinement, program evaluation, and departmental governance
- Actively participates in departmental committees.
- Keeps educational records as required.
- Effectively teaches in the classroom, lab and clinical area in the areas of acute medical-surgical nursing and at least one other setting.
- Demonstrates computer skills for patient care and for educational and office requirements.
- Uses strong organizational skills to manage, teach, and coordinate classroom, skills lab and clinical components.
- Uses simulations and computer technologies in the classroom and lab.
- Actively participates in in the Systematic Evaluation Plan (SEP).
- Assesses classroom, nursing laboratory and/or clinical student performance using outcomes-based criteria.
- Utilizes a variety of appropriate teaching strategies including technology to correlate and enhance classroom and clinical teaching.
- Maintains expertise in area of teaching responsibility.
- Acts as an advisor to nursing students and potential nursing students.
- Serves on departmental, division and college governance committees.
- Participates in professional development, as stipulated by the MCCC contract, or as necessary for personal and professional growth.
- Provides support and assistance for students having difficulty in achieving course objectives.
- Serves as professional role model to students.
- Participates in student recruitment activities.
- Maintains office hours according to MCCC contract.
- Participates in Accreditation activities.
- An earned Master's of Science degree in nursing is required.
- Current unencumbered MA registered nurse license in good standing; CORI/SORI; updated health clearance.
- A minimum of 5 years of nursing experience is required.
- Demonstrated computer skills for patient care and for educational and office requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven dedication to student learning
- Three years of college teaching experience.
- Experience with clinical simulation.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.mass.edu/clery.
Appointment is subject to SORI (Sexual Offense Registry Information) background check, and a publicly accessible Massachusetts CORI (Criminal Offense Registry Information) background check.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
This is a full-time MCCC Faculty Position, with Full Benefits.
The salary will be determined based on the guidelines and procedures of the Massachusetts Community College System and collective bargaining agreement. The position includes a broad benefits package.
Applicants MUST Submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- List of 3 References