Clinical Assistant Professor, Educational Administration

Job description

Job Title
Clinical Assistant Professor, Educational Administration

Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi

Educational Leadership

Proposed Minimum Salary

Job Location
Corpus Christi, Texas

Job Type

Job Description

The Department of Educational Leadership in the College of Education and Human Development at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi invites applications for a non-tenure track Clinical Assistant Professor of Educational Administration to begin spring 2021. We seek candidates committed to excellence in teaching practice-based and education studies courses at the graduate level. Additionally, the faculty member will coordinate the Department's educational administration program.

We encourage applications from educators committed to the instruction and support of a diverse student population with an emphasis on critical or justice-oriented frameworks, who will also enrich and contribute to the College's and Department's missions. The position is focused on teaching (face-to-face and online) and coordinating our educational administration/principal preparation program. The teaching load would be 60% or 3 courses per semester, which may involve night, weekend, and electronic course delivery. The other 40% of the position load would be for program coordination to include student recruitment, data and assessment management, and certification responsibilities of the position.

The essential duties and responsibilities of the Clinical Assistant Professor are assigned by the academic Department Head. The Clinical Assistant Professor facilitates a learning environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The candidate should be committed to collegiality and innovation in teaching and learning, and willing to provide service to the principal program and department.

Required Qualifications:

  • A doctorate in Educational Administration/Leadership from an accredited university.
  • A valid principal/mid-management certificate.
  • Experience in supervising and working closely with K-12 campus principals in Texas.
  • Teaching experience, and a keen understanding of principal certification/preparation requirements in Texas

Preferred Qualifications:
  • Experience in higher education teaching at the graduate level and the ability to incorporate high impact education strategies for higher education into course delivery.


All required documentation must be submitted to be considered for the position.

A completed application will include:

1. A cover letter that describes your K-12 and principal-related experiences in Texas,

2. A curriculum vitae,

3. A statement of teaching philosophy, and

4. Three professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and email addresses- including a previous or current supervisor.

The deadline for applications is Monday, November 30, 2020.

Questions about the position should be directed to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Kamiar Kouzekanani, at 361-825-2318 or [email protected].

All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.

Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.

To apply, visit

Copyright ©2017 Inc. All rights reserved.

Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency





Diversity Profile: University



View more

Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University

Arrow pointing right
Job No:
Posted: 10/31/2020
Application Due: 12/3/2020
Work Type: Full Time