Title: Vice President, Human Resources and Organizational Development
Job no: 492594
Location: Harrisburg Campus
Salary: $125,093 - $156,367
This position will be open until filled.
Job Summary: The Vice President for Human Resources and Organizational Development is an active member of the President's Cabinet, as well as a key executive partner and coach who is tasked with facilitating strategic planning and initiatives, change management, and organizational design. This is inclusive of leadership, employee deployment, and the securing of the future College growth with a focus on talent, the College's culture and a deep understanding of changes within the higher education landscape. They will be successful in advancing diversity and inclusion, including creating advancement opportunities for underrepresented groups. The incumbent continually formulates effective human resource strategies, policies, procedures, programs, and services through collaboration with the President and Cabinet and the many constituencies within the College.
The position will report to physical campus location. This is subject to change.
Master's Degree and 8 years experience, including 5 years supervisory/management experience or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Licensing Requirements: N/A
Hiring Range: $125,093 - $156,367
Job Specific Task List:
- Serve as an advisor to the President and College leadership regarding human resource issues within the College. Provide a deep understanding of long-range human resources trends and their impact on the College's future growth. - (Essential)
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate the College's human resource functions, including but not limited to employee relations, performance management, employee recognition, professional development, succession planning, employee health and safety, wellness, labor relations, classification, compensation, benefits, talent acquisition and human resources information system administration. - (Essential)
- Participate in the development of the College's plans and programs as a strategic partner, keeping in focus impacts on employees and ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal laws. Demonstrate success navigating in a complex setting and developing cooperative working relationships with other individuals, groups and organizations. - (Essential)
- Identify and develop key performance indicators (KPls) for the College's human resources functions as they relate to the strategic plan. Plays an analytical role to monitor, analyze and identify strategic needs, gaps, and risks. - (Essential)
- As a strategic business advisor, evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs, strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the College. - (Essential)
- Oversee and assess staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the College for positions of responsibility. - (Essential)
- Oversee and assess strategies related to labor relations, compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs which utilize an employee and College partnership for the short and long range health and welfare protection of the employees. - (Essential)
- In collaboration with the vice president of inclusion and diversity, assists in the development of formal employee diversity recruitment efforts; ensures employee hiring, development and retention initiatives are free from bias; promotes diversity and cultural competence within the performance management system; and monitors employee demographic advancement. - (Essential)
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general College business. - (Essential)
- Develop appropriate policies and procedures for effective management of the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the College's human resources, workers' compensation, unemployment programs. - (Essential)
- Work with management to oversee organizational development and structure, employee relations and culture building, and communication. - (Essential)
- Serves as a member of the President's Cabinet; travel to all campuses and to the external College community is required; presentations and public speaking required. - (Essential)
- Perform other duties as assigned. - (Standard)
Job Type: Full Time 12 Month
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Sep 02, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time