MOSDOH - Pre-Clinical Restorative Dental Faculty
A.T. Still University's Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-MOSDOH) is seeking applicants for the position of Pre-Clinical Restorative Dental Faculty on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. This position reports to the Director, Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education. The Pre-Clinical Restorative Dental Faculty member is responsible for assuring pre-clinical instruction, including but not limited to aspects of restorative dentistry (including operative dentistry, fixed and removable prosthodontics) through delivery of didactic and simulation clinic coursework as well as assessment of student learning.
Major Job Duties
- Deliver didactic content for all restorative dentistry coursework, including Operative I and II, Fixed Prosthodontics (including Implant Dentistry), and Removable Prosthodontics (Complete and Partial).
- Develop and/or revise learning objectives and associated assessments for pre-clinical restorative coursework.
- Deliver simulation clinic content for all restorative dentistry coursework, including demonstrations of correct procedural techniques to a large student audience.
- Produce adjunctive educational materials such as demonstration videos or sample laboratory projects for the students to reference.
- Maintain and revise didactic content (lecture materials) as directed.
- In conjunction with the Director of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, maintain and revise laboratory manual content and written examination content.
- In conjunction with the Director of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, help students achieve competence in the pre-clinical setting.
- In conjunction with the Director of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education, grade assessments and assess student progress and implement remediation requirements in the Simulation Clinic.
- Identify challenges to the restorative dentistry curriculum and propose appropriate resolutions to the Director, Simulation Clinic.
- Assure translation of pre-clinical content to the MOSDOH clinical setting.
- Contribute to research and scholarly activity as assigned and agreed upon with the director and/or Dean and Vice Dean.
- Serve on MOSDOH Committee(s) as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Simulation Clinic and Pre-Clinical Education and/or the Vice Dean, Academic Affairs and/or Dean.
Skills / Requirements
- A DMD/DDS/BDS is required.
- The applicant must have knowledge of pre-doctoral curriculum assessment and development.
- The applicant must have three - five years experience in dental education, especially at the pre-doctoral level.
- The applicant must have excellent lecture and demonstration skills for a pre-doctoral audience.
- The applicant must possess the ability to assess students' fine motor skills and students' progress in this area.
- The applicant must be willing to work with all students, faculty, and staff in a collegial manner.
- The applicant must have excellent communication skills in both a lecture (large-audience) format and in the more personalized laboratory setting (as when working one-on-one with students).
- The applicant must be able to tailor their communication skills to different learning styles so that all students can benefit.
- The applicant must be of a patient and calm temperament so as to encourage student development and student confidence as they progress through the pre-clinical curriculum.
- The applicant should be personable, with a positive attitude.
- The applicant should be organized and detail-oriented and also adaptable and open to new ideas.