Lecturer of Nursing
Lecturer of NursingPosting Number:
YesNature of Work:
Lecturer of Nursing assumes responsibility for classroom, laboratory, and clinical instruction as well as teaching, advising, and service requirements within the ASN/BSN programs. This is an academic year position with non-tenure track appointment.Essential Duties:
- Teach in ASN/BSN programs.
- Use student-centered teaching/learning strategies.
- Supervise nursing students in the clinical setting.
- Hold regular office hours.
- Participate in advising students.
- Participate in Service-Learning activities.
- Participate in program assessment activities.
- Serve on college and school committees
- Must have a Master’s degree in Nursing, and be eligible for a Georgia Nursing License.
- Candidate should exhibit expertise in clinical practice and education, and have the ability and desire to teach in ASN/BSN completion programs.
- Candidate must have a commitment to service-learning, student-centered learning/teaching methods, and assessment
- Teaching experience, and recent clinical experience in the area of Medical-Surgical nursing, and/or Mental Health nursing.
- The ability and commitment to use technology and web-based teaching is also preferred
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date:
10/23/2020Open Until Filled: