Adjunct Instructor- Accounting
We are accepting applications for individuals who meet our minimum qualifications and who can provide instruction within the area of Accounting.
This is not a remote teaching position. Candidates must be able to teach on campus at WCTC.
Under the direct supervision of the Dean/Instructional Manager, the instructor is responsible for providing instruction to students within the assigned and approved instructional delivery system and in accordance with the mission, goals, policies and procedures of the District. The instructor is responsible for providing an active learning environment to enable students to demonstrate course competencies, and creating a student learning centered environment that places learning at the center of educational experiences.
The subject-matter expert will support students within our school of business degree programs and ideally have five or more years of industry experience in accounting. While experience teaching or conducting training programs is beneficial, it is not a requirement. Topics of specific interest include establishing relevancy of accounting information to non-accounting students, accounting transactions and financial statements, budget preparation and integrating accounting concepts with real world applications.
Requirements may vary according to the instructional area and position.
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field. A Master's degree in these areas would be accepted as well.
2. Five years of directly related occupational experience for occupational subject instructors. Two years of occupational experience must be within the last five years.
4. Previous teaching experience is desirable.
5. Appropriate technical/occupational licensure where applicable.
6. Industry certifications would be helpful, but not required.
All applicants must complete the online job application and attach the following:
Salary is listed at the 2020-2021 rates.
Five or more years of industry experience required.