Ski Shop Attendant
Ski Shop AttendantJob Title:
Ski Shop AttendantLocation:
College Snow BowlHourly/Salaried:
$12.07Brief Position Summary:
Outfitting guests with appropriate rental equipment and explaining its safe use.
- Greet customers and make them feel welcome.
- Assist customers in accurately filling out rental forms.
- Outfit customers with appropriate ski/snowboard equipment.
- Sell shop merchandise, entering purchases into cash register to calculate total purchase price
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers
- Ensures accurate collection of funds and balancing of cash drawers, including cash, checks and credit cards.
- May be required to prepare and delivers deposits to cashier’s office.
- Receive and check returned equipment for damage.
- Maintain rental equipment.
- Perform pre-season and in-season boot/binding torque testing.
- Maintain cleanliness of shop and proper storage of equipment.
- Advise management on merchandise/equipment ordering.
- Assists all customers as necessary.
- Able to work with the public in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Able to handle heavy customer demand for extended periods of time, often working through scheduled break times, particularly during weekends and holiday weekdays.
- May be responsible for opening and closing the shop
Education & Training
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Attends yearly binding clinics and becomes certified in rental shop bindings, as well as the major bindings currently in the market.
Previous cash register and deposit experience helpful. Ski shop experience preferred. Previous skiing/boarding experience preferred.
Good mathematical skills helpful.
Familiar with the mechanical operation of bindings preferred
.45Typical hours per two week pay period:
80Anticipated Start Date:
11/01/2020Regular or Temporary:
TemporaryIf temporary, enter end date:
10/28/2020Open Until Filled:
YesQuicklink for Posting: