Technology Support Technician
Responsible for installation, de-installation, troubleshooting and operation of hardware/ software directly related to the educational mission of Husson, its students, instructors, and support staff; responds to the daily needs of staff, faculty and students as it pertains to Husson and NESCom infrastructure hardware and software.
• Perform systems analysis, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software or system functional specifications
• Assist and support Apple infrastructure of the University
• Design, develop, document, analyze, create, test and modify technology and computer systems or programs and their interface, based on and related to user or system design specifications;
• Design, document, test, create and modify computer instructions and programs related to network systems and applications;
• Assist in the installation, de-installation and maintenance of all servers and desktop platforms used at NESCom and related facilities
• Install, maintain and service network appliances, cabling and connections
• Install and update software platforms as needed
• Support Gracie infrastructure as requested
• Assist the Infrastructure supervisor with budgeting and planning
• Create instructional material for staff and students regarding computer services at NESCom
• Respond to and maintain daily trouble tickets system to resolve staff, faculty and student issues
• Serve as primary helpdesk contact for NESCom technology
• Maintain NESCom student, staff and faculty accounts within the NESCom and University's active directory
• Assist in the maintenance of streaming services from Campus radio and TV services
• Assist with Audio, Video and Radio engineering duties as needed
• Fill in for Infrastructure Supervisor in his/her absence
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objective of the position.
Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and hardware support in the broadcast, recording and performance environment for multiple users. Must understand the installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, and peripheral devices. Must know how to assemble and disassemble computer and other technology components. Requires extensive experience with broadcast, recording and performance equipment. Must have advanced computer word processing, spreadsheet, database, Mac and Windows skills. Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess problems or unusual situations and develop solutions.
Position requires BS degree in technology or computer related field plus two years relevant experience or the combination of education and experience that enables performance of all aspects of the position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. The noise level in the work environment can vary depending on the support required for any given activity or event.