Custodial Worker II
Job no: 514949
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Facilities/Skilled Trades, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:63400200 - FS-BLDGSRVC OPERATIONS-EG
Custodial Worker IIJob Description:
Cleans and maintains on a daily basis all halls, offices, shops, classrooms, restrooms, conference rooms, break rooms, kitchenettes, laboratories, gym areas, locker rooms, etc. which includes sweeping, dusting, dust-mopping, wet-mopping, spot-mopping, spot washing and cleaning of walls, doors, and partitions.
Cleans and disinfects all surfaces and touch points, including elevators and water fountains.
Cleans all entrances, entrances walks, entrance mats, steps and stairwells, patios, and concourses.
Cleans and maintains all floors and floor coverings which includes regular duties such as vacuuming, shampooing, burnishing, striping, sealing and waxing.
Spot cleans and cleans all exterior and interior glass surfaces of all assigned buildings; cleans ceiling lights and Venetian blinds.
Empties and cleans all waste cans, trashcans, and recycle bins. Properly recycles all waste.
Operate state/UF vehicles which requires to maintain a valid FL Class “E” Driver’s License
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: 5:00PM to 1:30AM (Monday through Friday). Workdays and shift times may vary in response to customer needs for special event coverage and/or departmental needs.
Management retains the right and discretion to modify schedules, building assignments, shifts and/or days for operational purposes.
Position is considered as Essential Personnel as defined by UF Policy.
A criminal background check and post offer health assessment will be conducted.
A post offer COVID-19 Screening Questionnaire will be provided.Expected Salary:
$15.15 hourlyMinimum Requirements:
Completion of ninth grade and one year of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- High School diploma
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral communications and directives.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job (walking, standing, bending and lifting throughout the shift).
- Ability to lift 50 pounds:
1. To remove liners from trash cans.
2. To wring water or floor care chemical-soaked mop in bucket, empty 6.5-gallon mop buckets
which equates to approximately 50 pounds.
3. To remove bio-hazardous waste.
4. To operate and move 18-pound vacuum cleaners and empty vacuum bags.
5. To operate heavy floor care machines (scrubbers, wet vacuums, burnishers, extractors, etc.).
6. To store and unload cases of cleaning supplies, chemicals and equipment.
- Ability to work overhead.
- Ability to wear appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)..
- Ability to perform various tasks with minimal instruction after proper training.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Multiple vacancies will be filled from this posting.Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 28 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 03 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time