IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
Job Number: 87631
Who are we?
The Research Compliance Office (RCO) is responsible for oversight and management of Stanford's Administrative (Compliance) Panels and ensures compliance with applicable policies, accreditation standards and external regulations. Our goal at RCO is to help facilitate research and to make sure it is done safely, ethically, and legally. We take pride in being service-oriented.
You will report to the RCO IT Associate Director of Technology. You will be responsible for ensuring smooth IT operations of the eProtocol system. You will also design, test, and implement solutions for our eProtocol information systems as well as incorporate new technical systems to improve workflow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness.
You will assist end users with needs ranging from basic to complex requiring software changes. You will own the full project cycle to include research, application testing, implementation, training, and reporting.
You will also be involved in:
- Performing system integrations and launch of any new system.
- Periodical review of processes to recommend changes or resolutions to any system issues.
- Providing solution, patches, and upgrades not supported by software platform provider.
- Developing instructional materials, training and job aids using PowerPoint and videos.
- Creating reports to automate data extracts and/or analytical (drill down) reports for future needs.
- Evaluating third party tools based on client input and applicability as new needs arise. Liaise with external vendors or partners in support of business systems.
*Please note this position may require the following:
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends or on-standard hours based on project or business needs.
- Occasional cross campus and local travel
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of, computer system capabilities, business processes, and workflow.
- Experience with enterprise applications and understanding of database driven applications.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Current knowledge of rapidly changing computer technology.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to bridge functional and technical resources by communicating effectively with individuals of varying systems expertise and business needs.
- Strong listening, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to design and document complex business systems.
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory for all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with any disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4771
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87631
Location: Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency