Business Manager, Honors & International Education
Job Title: Business Manager, Honors & International Education
Location: LSC-System Office UP
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 33382
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-System Office, University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
Location address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Business Manager, Honors and International Education manages and coordinates business functions for the Honors and International Education department. Creates and implements processes to ensure effective operations of department using own judgment and independent discretion. Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with others to obtain data required for planning department activities such as prioritizing work, status of work and problems encountered. Manages and provides guidance for department staff. Provides input into budget planning and continuously monitors costs and budgets. Creates, continuously evaluates and implements department practices and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages day-to-day operations of Business Services office including but not limited to AR/AP, Student Financials, and Collections
- Resolves problems, prepares schedules and sets deadlines to ensure efficiency of workflow
- Creates and implements business processes to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations; Creates marketing and customer service plans to ensure effective operations of Business Services
- Manages resolution process for student issues/complaints related to student financials and communicates resolution to students
- Reviews and analyzes reports, records, and directives, and confers with others to obtain data required for planning department activities such as prioritizing work, status of work and problems encountered
- Monitors cost and budgets, and assists with budget recommendations
- Instills a culture of exceptional customer service in all staff through training, modeling, and supervision
- Makes presentations at a variety of workshops/trainings/information sessions as needed
- Identifies, develops, and implements administrative "best practices" and re-engineers processes as needed to ensure efficiency, documentation, and information sharing
- Completes ad-hoc projects as assigned; Performs research, compiles information, analyzes data, and provides detailed reports and presentations as needed
- Assists with international projects/logistics for various division projects, including but not limited to the Honors International Capstone project. Which may include travel as staff support or staff trip leader
- Available to support Scholarship tracking, Sabbatical Committee, as well as other division projects as needed
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
- May include intercampus travel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in areas of purchasing, budgeting, financial administration, financial reporting and personnel administration
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines
- Must have initiative, be a self-starter, and have strong analytical skills
- Above average skills in the utilization of computer systems, including PCs to extract (query) and report on information
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain confidential information
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- A climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards is the general work environment, unless otherwise stated in job announcement
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- One year experience working in higher education
- PeopleSoft experience
Hiring salary range is $56,370-$64,826
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.Special Instructions
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.