Part-Time Reference and Instruction Assistant
Job Title: Part-Time Reference and Instruction Assistant
Location: Clayton State University
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 221501
The Clayton State University Library, a member of the University System of Georgia, seeks an enthusiastic part-time reference and instruction assistant to join our library team. The successful candidate will primarily work Tuesday through Thursday during the semester from 11am-4pm. Hours will not exceed 19.5 hours a week. Most weeks will average of 15 hours. However, the schedule could change based on the needs of the department. This is strictly a part-time position.
Review of applications will begin immediately.Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Head of Access, Research, and Instructional Services, the successful candidate will:
- Maintain library reference information desk during peak times of need to serve primarily, students, faculty, and staff with information retrieval. Assist with Information Desk/Reference and basic research questions, circulation of library technology items, basic computer assistance, monitoring study rooms for policy compliance, copier/print services, and general directional questions relating to the university.Assist patrons with GIL Express and Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests.Assist with and monitor patron appointments and check-in and check-out of library equipment and spaces according to present COVID-19 safety policies and procedures. Perform light cleaning and sanitizing duties for the prevention of COVID-19 transmission.Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Degree from an accredited university, technical college, or international equivalent.
- Must be self-directed, well organized, and able to meet multiple demands.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Previous library work experience.
- Familiarity with Springshare modules including LibGuides, LibChat, and LibCal.
- Familiarity with Alma/Primo Integrated Library System and Library of Congress Classification system.
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses. The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for seven consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445