Under general supervision, performs plumbing and related work of moderate difficulty. May work independently and assist others.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Studies building plans and working drawings to determine supplies and tools required, and sequence of installations; plans and organizes work to ensure completion of tasks and functions in an efficient and timely manner.
2. Locates and marks position of pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors, using tape measure, spirit level, and plumb bob; cuts openings in walls and floors , using hand tools and power tools.
3. Installs, repairs, and maintains water, gas, air, sewer lines and systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
4. Connects and maintains hot water units, water heaters, garbage disposal units, dishwashers, and water softeners.
5. Installs and maintains a variety of controls, including mixing valves, temperature control valves, PRV’s and related.
6. Installs and repairs a variety of pumps and related systems. Opens clogged drains and toilets.
7. Repairs and maintains valves, faucets, traps, sinks, washbowls, vents, and toilet fixtures.
8. Joins pipe by using screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, PEX, and Pro Press piping.
9. Cuts and threads pipe, using pipe cutters, cutting torch, and pipe threading machine; bends pipe to required angle by using pipe bending machine or bending by hand.
10. Fills pipe system with water or air and reads pressure gauges to determine if system is leaking.
11. Notifies management concerning the need for major repair projects; prepares supply requirement lists and forwards to supervisor.
12. Attends training, seminars, and other meetings as needed.
13. Performs after hour, holiday and weekend repairs on a rotating on call schedule and as needed in the event of emergencies.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Ability to interpret and work from building plans, rough sketches and drawings.
2. Ability to plan and lay out installation and/or repair projects.
3. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and complete work as assigned.
4. Ability to understand and utilize installation and maintenance manuals, procedures and other related materials.
5. Skilled in the use of the standard tools, equipment, and machines of the plumbing trade.
Maintenance vehicle, backhoe, trencher, hand tools, soldering tools, tape measure, power tools, pipe cutters, threading machines, PEX, Pro Press and pressure gauges.
1. Completion of high school, vocational school, or any combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities for successful performance in the position.
2. Five years of plumbing experience.
3. Must have a valid Texas driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to the University’s insurance company.
4. Must pass a pre-employment physical and criminal background check.
Minimum – State of Texas Journeyman plumber’s license is requiredPhysical Requirements:
1. Position requires frequent walking, standing, reaching, bending, and occasional crawling, climbing and lifting (up to 80 lbs.).
2. Basic manual dexterity with both hands is required.
3. Incumbent works both indoors and out doors and is exposed to dust, heat, cold, and varying climatic conditions.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
10/28/2020Open Until Filled: