Director of Operations and Diversity
Posting InformationPosition TypePermanent Staff (EHRA NF)DepartmentAHEC-400101Working TitleDirector of Operations and DiversityAppointment TypeEHRA Non-FacultyPosition Posting CategoryOtherSalary RangeDependent on QualificationsFull Time/Part Time?Full-Time PermanentHours per Week40Vacancy IDNF0004588Position ID20037262Posting Open Date10/16/2020Application Deadline11/06/2020Open Until FilledNoProposed Start Date11/01/2020Position Summary
The Director of Operations and Diversity is a senior administrative leader position in the NC AHEC Program Office. The Director of Operations and Diversity works closely with the North Carolina AHEC Program Executive Director, other Directors, Associate Directors and staff to provide overall program and administrative leadership to the NC AHEC Program statewide. This position has primary responsibility for the Program’s operational functions including but not limited to financial, legal, human resource, information technology, communications and contractual aspects of AHEC. This position positively influences the culture of the Program Office and the Program, including an emphasis on the values of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the center of the operations, business decisions, partnerships and relationships of the NC AHEC Program.
The NC AHEC Program is responding rapidly to the changes in healthcare. The position represents the program in a wide variety of capacities and has regular and ongoing contacts with all participating entities in the statewide AHEC Program. This position is an integral part of the strategic planning team that guides development of organizational design and identifies strategies to meet business needs. This position is a member of the AHEC Leaders’ group attending monthly meetings and participating in strategic planning for the allocation of resources. The position is directly involved with pre and post award funding activities.Educational Requirements
Graduate level degree in health administration, business administration, or related field.Qualifications and Experience
Previous experience with increasing levels of responsibility in a healthcare service entity or a healthcare education program is required, and prior experience with an AHEC Program is desirable. The individual must have a thorough knowledge of health professions educational issues and healthcare delivery systems and have demonstrated skills in leadership and management of a complex, multi-dimensional program. Candidates must have excellent communications and human relations skills, people and process managerial acumen and experience, a demonstrated commitment to outreach and the ability to provide initiative, judgment, and creativity in resolution of complex problems.Equal Opportunity Employer
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Special InstructionsQuick Linkhttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/184308Department Contact Name and TitleSHANNON ISLEY, HR ConsultantDepartment Contact Telephone or [email protected] of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that describes your level of education that best or mostly closely satisfies the education requirements for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Bachelor's degree in any field/discipline
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in required discipline(s) listed or related field
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in any field/discipline
- None of the above
- * Briefly (200 words or less) describe your experience in leading an organization to define and accomplish results in your current or previous roles.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly (200 words or less) describe your experience in serving as a thought leader and resource person for high-level, sensitive and/or special projects for the leader of an organization or program. How did you help lead your organization to mitigate risks and inform smart decisions?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Briefly (200 words or less) describe your experience in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion in your current or previous roles.
(Open Ended Question)