Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Relations Assistant/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24429Working TitleDepartment NameM3030:Cancer Clinic ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3.5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
On occasion, may lift objects up to 50 lbs.Shift
Days, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Other days and hours as needed.Job Summary
The Patient Relations Assistant for the Markey Hematology office will primarily serve within team work room as a scheduling resources for clinical staff to facilitate all manner of patient appointments both within and outside of UK Healthcare.
Duties include: schedule and reappoint patients accurately according to scheduling protocol, and collaborate with teammates and leadership to prevent and resolve service failure process problems.
Other duties include: accurate insurance registrations in APM, assisting with co-pay collection and scheduling for patients, and ensuring proper and efficient flow of patients through the outpatient clinic. Identify, participate in, and/or lead process improvement for the team.
Customer service focus, teamwork, effective written and verbal communication, empathy, judgment, problem solving, organizational knowledge, Attention to detail, accuracy, computer literacy. Experience in scheduling patient appointments, test, and scans as well as working directly with providers and clinical staff.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Prefer an associates degree or above and more than 4 years related experience.Deadline to Apply10/29/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience registering and scheduling in Allscripts Patient Management?
- * Do you have experience collecting insurance co-payments from patients?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your highest level of education completed.
- High School or GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- None of the above
- * Please describe your years of paid, full-time employment experience in an outpatient clinic setting.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please provide an example of a time that you have provided excellent customer service to a patient.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter