Dietetics Technician/Formula Room/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleDietetics Technician/Formula Room/UKHCRequisition NumberRE25089Working TitleInfant Nutrition Diet TechnicianDepartment NameH3075:Nutritions ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements for this position include: regularly lifting/pushing/pulling objects up to 50lbs, regularly standing/walking with objects up to 10lbs, and repetitive motions.Shift
Variable shifts (8:00 am-4:30 pm, 8:30 am-5:00 pm, or 12 noon-8:30 pm). Five 8-hour shifts per week, every other weekend and holiday.Job Summary
Responsible for the preparation, storage and delivery of infant feedings as well as inventory, ordering, cleaning and sanitation. Performs as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Ensures customer satisfaction and good public relations through safe and efficient use of resources. Performs duties in compliance with performance improvement plans, TJC, and other licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies. Assists the Registered Dietitian with nutrition care of patients.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be a Dietetic Technician Registered or have completed a degree in Dietetics and have the ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects while accurately completing routine functions in a fast paced, high intensity, professional work environment; enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; computer skills (to include Microsoft Office); strong customer service skills; excellent active listening skills; high attention to detail; and be dependable.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) credential highly preferred. Background in nutrition, pharmacy, and/or laboratory ideal. Degree in Nutrition or medically-related field.Deadline to Apply11/03/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you completed a two year Associate's Degree Dietetic Technician program or obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics?
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience as a dietetic technician.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Are you a Dietetic Technician Registered?
- * Briefly describe your work experience as it relates to the specific duties of this position and why you chose to apply.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter