Account Technician I - Student Engagement (139058)
Account Technician I
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Employees at this level perform a variety of tasks that require the application of judgment and initiative, a thorough knowledge of bookkeeping, and a basic knowledge of accounting practices. The employees work under general supervision of a designated supervisor.
An Account Technician I typically –
- Reviews vouchers, requisitions, purchase orders, and other transaction documents for completeness, accuracy, availability of funds, appropriateness of transaction, and conformity to policies, procedures, and/or contractual agreements
- Corrects transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- Prepares statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Posts financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Reconciles discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepares correction documents as required
- Assists in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers
1. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
(c) college course work in any curriculum
that totals 1.0 unit according to the following conversion rates:
1 year of “a” = 1.0 unit
6 semester hours of “b” = 1.0 unit
60 semester hours of “c” = 1.0 unit.Amounts of experience or training less than those listed above should be converted to decimal equivalents of 1.0 unit and added together when computing combinations of the different types of preparation.
For more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Account Technician I position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $18.009 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an Exam Request form for Account Technician I. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of Dean of Students Category:3-Administrative Support Title:Account Technician I - Student Engagement (139058) Open Date:10/28/2020 Close Date:11/02/2020 Organization Name:Student Success and Engagement