Posting DetailsPosting NumberS140858Position TitleGraphic DesignerDepartmentMarketing and Creative ServicesDivisionCommunications and MarketingLocationClassificationSupport StaffFLSA ClassificationNon-ExemptUnion/Non UnionUnionFull Time / Part Time? Part TimeSalary Range - Minimum$20.41 per hourHours per weekUp to 28Temporary? NoPosting Date10/26/2020Closing Date11/05/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, unofficial transcripts for the required degree (if applicable) must be attached and submitted at the time of application.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the following:
• Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment background check
• Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment Drug Screening for employees that are new to the College
• Post-offer, satisfactory results of pre-employment physical exam in circumstances where the nature of the work renders it appropriate or where Federal law or regulation requires
Would you like to work for one of the first choices of employment?
Do you want to be part of a strategic organization?
One that prides itself on educating our future workforce.
Tucked in the middle of a wildlife preserve, bridging the banks of a lake and surrounded by its own Arboretum, Joliet Junior College is an educational community that embraces diversity and promotes personal growth. Each year, more than 35,000 students find the diverse, comprehensive high quality educational experience they are looking for at JJC. We hope that you will take a few minutes to explore the job opportunities we have available and consider becoming a part of this experience.
The recruitment of qualified and diverse faculty and staff is the cornerstone of JJC’s commitment to an innovative, collaborative and inclusive educational community. At JJC, we respect the wealth of knowledge and experience each of our employees brings to the workplace. The college supports this commitment by providing full-time employees with a comprehensive benefits package for our full-time employees including:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois (employee & family)
Flexible Spending Account
403(b) and 457(b) option for pre-tax retirement savings
Joliet Junior College Tuition Assistance (employee & family)
Long Term Disability
Life Insurance & a comprehensive leave plan including:
POSITION TITLE:GRAPHIC DESIGNERSPMKCS-DSGR01
DEPARTMENT:Marketing and Creative Services
DIVISION:Communications & Marketing
UNION:Support and Technical
REPORTS TO:Director of Marketing and Creative Services
PLACEMENT: Support Staff Grade 7
MINIMUM PAY RATE:$20.41 per hour
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff.Position Summary
Provides web, digital and print graphic design consultation and services primarily for the offices of the president, the JJC Foundation and alumni relations through a team oriented approach that is economical, efficient, and timely, while maintaining and promoting the school’s branding and image.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Provide concepts, graphic design, and/or artwork for a variety of projects across multiple media for the offices of the president, the JJC Foundation, alumni relations and other departments.
2.Work with project coordinator and marketing team to ensure accuracy and meet deadlines.
3.Work with project clients to provide design recommendations, layout drafts and final proofs.
4.Prepare bid specifications for appropriate projects, consult with printers, obtain cost estimates and prepare projects for press and delivery.
5.Oversee the production of printed materials, working with on-campus and off-campus print vendors.
6.Work with digital marketing specialist and the web design team to create and update web pages for JJC.edu and myjjc portal sites.
7.Represent the Marketing and Creative Services office on college committees and teams as assigned.
8.Pursue other duties and activities related to the goals and objectives of the Marketing and Creative Services office and the college.
9.Maintain branding standards across all pieces. Ensure other departments also maintain branding standards in use of logo(s), templates, etc.
10.Work in conjunction with the mailroom procedures.
11.Perform related duties as assigned.
1.Associate’s degree in Graphic Design or similar field.
2.Two (2) years of professional experience in graphic design.
3.In-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
4.Advanced knowledge of graphic design, typography, and color principles.
5.Advanced knowledge of pre-press and printing processes.
6.Experience working with Macintosh computers and operating file formats on both Mac and PC.
7.Effective communication skills for working with clients and colleagues.
8.Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer-service.
9.Ability to prioritize, organize, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects at one time.
1.Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or similar field.
2.Knowledge of writing, editing and proofing.
3.Working knowledge of digital photography for publication/advertising purposes.
4.Basic understanding of HTML or CSS.
5.Familiarity with web design process including basic HTML.
6.Familiarity with web content management systems.
1.Normal office physical demands.
2.Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from community events.
1.Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor environment.
ANNUAL CLERY SAFETY REPORT (ASR) NOTICE FIRE SAFETY REPORT (FSA) and MISSING PERSON POLICY (MPP) FOR STUDENTS RESIDING IN “ON CAMPUS” STUDENT HOUSING
Joliet Junior College is committed to assisting members of the JJC community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual CLERY security compliance document along with the Fire Safety Report (FSR) and the Missing Person Policy (MPP) for students residing in “on campus” student housing is available at the JJC Police Department website : https://jjc.edu/about-jjc/police-and-safety
If you would like to receive the ASR, FSR or MPP in booklet form, you may stop by the Campus Police Department located on Main Campus in G 1013 or call Campus Police at 815-280-2234. The website and booklet contain information regarding campus security and personal safety such as crime prevention and reporting, police law enforcement authority, disciplinary procedures and other related security policies. They also contain information about crime statistics for the three previous years for all JJC campuses, property owned and controlled by JJC District 525 and on public property immediately adjacent to JJC campuses.
This information is required by law and is made available by the Joliet Junior College Police Department.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess an Associate’s degree (or higher) in Graphic Design or similar field?
- * Do you have at least two (2) years of professional experience in graphic design?
- * In no more than four sentences, briefly tell us about your knowledge of and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.If you do not have experience with or knowledge of any of these programs, please type 'none'.
- * Do you have advanced knowledge of graphic design, typography, and color principles?
- * Do you have advanced knowledge of and experience with pre-press and printing processes?
- * Please rate your experience working with Macintosh computers and operating file formats on both Mac and PC?
- * In no more than four sentences, briefly tell us how you have maintained effective communication while working with colleagues and clients.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience working in a customer-service or client-service industry?
- * In no more than four sentences, briefly tell us how you are able to prioritize, organize, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects at one time?
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or similar field?
- * Do you have knowledge of writing, editing and proofing?
- * Do you have working knowledge of digital photography for publication/advertising purposes?
- * Do you have a basic understanding of HTML or CSS?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Other Document
- Online Portfolio