Job Title: Copywriter
Location: Office of Communications
Job ID: 5459
Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, full time (1.0) FTE
- Write and create original content for a wide variety of external collateral to include brochures, newsletters, letters, website, presentations, video scripts, press announcements, annual reports, etc., designed to serve key audiences, including prospective students, alumni, and donors.
- Write creative stories to advance Puget Sound’s brand and raise visibility for the work of faculty members, students, and key strategic initiatives.
- Work collaboratively on the development of marketing and communications initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with faculty members and students to learn about work of interest for university publications and promotion efforts.
Reports to Associate Editorial Director. May supervise work-study student as needed. Budget ResponsibilitiesResponsible for executing work within established budgets.Minimum Requirements / Qualifications: The successful candidate will be a self-driven creative, strategic thinker who can create original content. Strong, creative writing and editing skills are essential, plus:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree, and at least three years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, marketing and communications, or related field, with a portfolio of original copywriting. Must be able to not only write but identify and develop stories.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and accurate; comfortable working within a style guide; strong grammatical and editing skills; attentive to details.
- Strong work ethic; resourcefulness and willingness to take on wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment both independently and as part of a team.
- The ideal candidate is creative, flexible, articulate, collaborative, curious, and audience-focused; is passionate about the liberal arts; is open to and excited by new ideas; and has a sense of humor.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
- ResumeLetter of Interest
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
var RichTextValue = PTRTEFillcache('https://www2.pugetsound.jobs/psp/HR92PRD_newwin/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL','PT_RTE_IMG_DB_LOC','record://PTRTDB','HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0','1');var TextAreaObject = document.getElementById('HRS_SCH_PSTDSC_DESCRLONG$0');if (typeof(TextAreaObject) != 'undefined' && TextAreaObject != null) TextAreaObject.innerHTML = RichTextValue;