Director - Annual Giving
Posting DetailsPosition TitleDirector - Annual GivingPosting Number2020034EPClassification TitleDir-Annual GivingWorking TitleDirector - Annual GivingClassification Code1470RCW Exemption Criteria22 - DevelopmentEWU Position NumberE99744CUPA CodeP-437115 - Annual Giving Officer - Senior FLSAExempt - AdministrativeBargaining Unit None% Full Time100Salary / Wage RangeAE - 113Salary Information
$70,779 – $72,100Anticipated Start DateTerm of Appointment12LocationCheney, WACountySpokaneProject DescriptionProject DurationBackground CheckYes - BothResponsible HR UserVara Lyn ConrathResponsible HR User Email [email protected] Summary
- Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Director of Annual Giving. This position is responsible for building and strengthening alumni engagement and philanthropy, specifically of constituents who are nondonors, new donors and annual donors at all giving levels, through those who are capable of annually supporting the university at a leadership-level — $500 and above.
- The Director of Annual Giving will foster lifelong mutually enriching connections among alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of Eastern who support university priorities and initiatives; develop creative strategies to meet fundraising goals (both in dollars and participation); and enhance awareness of the Kinnikinick Society, EWU’s consecutive calendar year giving society, and1882 Society, Eastern’s leadership-level annual giving society.
- The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Associate Vice President of Philanthropy. He or she will have regular contact with donors assigned in the portfolio, trustees, senior administrators, faculty, staff, current students, alumni leadership, and other external constituents.
- The Director of Annual Giving will support all activities involved with the growth of annual support to the institution by developing, implementing and maintaining annual giving programs that cultivate, solicit, renew and steward gifts from alumni, students, faculty, staff, and friends of EWU
- On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to our primary campus in Cheney, we also offer programs in Spokane’s innovative University-District, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.Diversity Statement
EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.Conditions of Employment
- This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
- If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]
None anticipatedRequired Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business or related field
- Must have experience working in higher education fundraising within the office of development or annual giving
- Minimum 3-5+ years’ experience and demonstrated success in fundraising or campaign driven profession
- Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience creating social media and online communications
- Experience utilizing databases to segment and analyze data
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives and development goals
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Experience in Higher Education fundraising or development.
Normal business hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm. Position will require evening and weekend work.Posting Date10/21/2020Open Until Further NoticeNoClosing Date11/08/2020Screening to Begin11/9/2020Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application materials through our online applicant portal located at http://jobs.hr.ewu.edu. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.
Required application materials and information must include:
1. Cover letter, which explains how you meet or exceed each of the qualifications of the position, required and preferred if applicable. ** The preferred format is to provide a bulleted list within the body of the cover letter.
2. Resume to include work history and major duties, education, and any specialized training or skills related to the position.
3. List of at least 3 professional references including names, title, organization name, phone numbers, email addresses, and their connection to you.
4. Applicant Certification – please download the Certification form (link is provided in the next field); then complete and sign the form, and upload it to this link.
5. Diversity Response: As an equal opportunity employer with a multicultural staff and student population, we are interested in how your qualifications prepare you to work with diverse faculty, staff, and student populations representing various cultures and backgrounds that may be different from your own. Please describe how you will apply an approach that is supportive to the diverse needs, including universal access, of our students, faculty, staff, and the public.
Pursuant to RCW 28B.112.080, applicants for employment at any Washington State institution of higher education, are required to provide a signed statement verifying information about their history of prior sexual misconduct and providing authorization for current and previous employers to disclose relevant records to Eastern Washington University.
All applicants are required to download the statement linked below, complete and sign it, and then attach the signed statement as part of their job application: Required Applicant Certification.
Attach the completed and signed certification to the document link called Applicant Certification.
Conduct face-to-face visits to identify, qualify, upgrade and renew a portfolio of assigned, annual donors and prospects.
- Renew and upgrade unassigned annual consecutive donors who give at a level lower than $1,000 annually.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with annual donors in the portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Philanthropy team to move annual donors through the pipeline.
- Analyze data and create annual giving solicitation strategies for maximum participation and dollars.
Manage reunion/class and faulty/staff campaigns by setting annual targets, recruitment volunteers and soliciting in collaboration with other annual fund efforts.
- Develop a volunteer network designed to enhance peer-to-peer solicitations for
- Orchestrate fundraising efforts to increase participation with an emphasis on reunions
- Maintain regular and consistent contact with volunteer leaders
- Set annual fundraising targets for segmented groups
Manage annual day of giving programs and strategies in collaboration with Director of Alumni, Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Director of Marketing Communications.
- Develop timelines and task outlines.
- Develop and manage volunteer networks and communications designed to enhance day of giving online presence and solicitations.
- Oversee results and data reporting post-giving days.
Oversee retention and cultivation activities of consecutive and annual donors.
- Assist with annual recognition gala dinner. Track and report data specific to the society.
- Analyze data, create and send creative and engaging solicitations.
- Manage the creation and implementation of retention strategies of annual donors
Oversee additional annual giving programs and processes in coordination with the strategic needs of University Advancement.
- Create and manage a comprehensive schedule for the University’s annual campaigns.
- Work with external vendors as necessary to facilitate annual campaigns.
- Assist with the retention review and management of annual donors.
- Assist in developing messages, channels, timelines and segmentation strategies.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a student philanthropy program that includes collaboration with ASEWU, Greek organizations and other campus partners.
- Responsible for answering new and annual donors’ questions, helping them make meaningful gifts and ensuring their gifts are used as directed.
- Represent Eastern at appropriate events (on and off campus); attend appropriate conferences and meetings.
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of statistics as it relates to areas of responsibilities and campaigns.
- Assist with the tracking of budget as it relates to responsible areas and be fiscally responsible and complete other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Response
- Applicant Certification
- DD214 Form
- Other Document #1
- Other Document #2