Collection Management Librarian
Collection Management Librarian
St. Edward's University
Collection Management Librarian
St. Edward's University's Munday Library is looking for a collaborative, creative, and conscientious person to join our Collection Management team. We welcome applicants with a passion for academic librarianship and the librarian's role in providing a superior research experience. Electronic resources both subscription and access on demand are our strength. The Collection Management Librarian will administer processes involved in selecting, managing, and assessing the use of these resources for the collection, including ebooks, serials, databases, and media. The successful candidate will apply their knowledge of collection management, library services platforms, and the publishing industry to efficiently administer a lean, organized, 21st-century research collection. They will work closely with colleagues in the library and across campus to provide our community with the best possible library resources.
- Serve as primary administrator and contact for the library services platform and other library systems, including ILL, EZProxy, and link resolvers
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of collection management, acquisitions, and assessment
- Catalog digital resources as needed in accordance with professional standards
- Perform regular maintenance of the library catalog to ensure records are optimized for
- This will include the cataloguing of some print resources and may include original cataloguing of rare books and archival collections in collaboration with the Archives and Special Collections Librarian.
- Liaise with vendors to handle technical support questions and problems
- Help troubleshoot issues with off-campus access to library-provided resources and platforms
- Keep the library staff informed of any known issues and platform updates
- Develop strategies for the maintenance and evolution of our collections, incorporating user feedback, curricular needs, budget, and other factors
- Work with library colleagues to write and review policies, procedures, and best practices, especially with regard to collection management
- Stay abreast of trends in collection development, publishing, scholarly communications, and collection management-related software and systems
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure that library collections are discoverable and accessible
- Engage with faculty, students, and representatives from academic departments and programs to refine the library's collections
- Perform collection analysis to determine collection usage and effectiveness, to understand community needs, and to guide acquisition processes
- Assist the Office of Budget and Procurement as needed with the review and management of vendor contracts and licenses for collection materials
- Serve on relevant library task forces and project teams.
For consideration, a ALA-accredited Master's degree in library or information science or foreign equivalent. Minimum three years' experience in academic library collection management. Demonstrated knowledge of trends, issues, and best practices in academic library collection management, scholarly communications, and collection assessment. Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging cataloguing standards, authorities and thesauri including MARC and BIBFRAME, LC authorities and RDF, and RDA. Demonstrated project management experience, including the ability to prioritize, set goals, and meet deadlines. Demonstrated proficiency with Excel and/or other professional data analysis tools. Experience administering a major LSP or ILS Experience with or knowledge of licensing electronic resources and related copyright issues Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining systems at a high standard of quality. Ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative or cooperative situations. Ability to think creatively and innovatively outside the bounds of traditional librarianship. Preferred Experience with analysis of patron use of library collections Experience with the Alma LSP and Primo discovery layer. Must have an unencumbered driver's license and the ability to pass a criminal background check.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage Blue Cross Blue Shield (HSA & FSA Available)
Dental Guardian Dental
Vision Guardian/Davis Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. Please include a resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please. Applications will not be considered if it is missing any of these three items.
In your cover letter, please describe your lived experiences that prepare you to contribute to diversity and inclusion at St. Edward's University.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202035
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency