Coordinator of Co-Curricular Experience
Coordinator of Co-Curricular Experience
The Coordinator of Co-Curricular Experience oversees the co-curricular transcript (CCT), Engage, and IWU-Review. The position can work up to 20 hours per week. The coordinator works alongside the Student Engagement team to help coordinator student success and engagement initiatives across campus. This position might include night and weekend hours.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPReports to: Director for Community Learning
Internal IWU Relationships: Department of Student Development and Athletics DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the editor and distributor of the IWU Review
· Administer Engage – Club and Organization Platform
· Coordinate and plan workshops and presentations that communicate the co-curricular mission and vision to IWU faculty, staff, students and community members
· Develop a reporting structure between participating organizations and on campus entities to ensure co-curricular experiences are being communicated and evaluated effectively
· Provide presentations on co-curricular opportunities, and transcripts to inform faculty, staff and students on how to appropriately document experiences and the impact these stage appropriate experiences have on discovery of life calling
· Support university initiatives to engage student success
· Attend night and weekend activities as required
· Attend departmental meetings, committee meetings, and other meetings associated with the position.
·Participate in professional organizations that pertain to position
· Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with Indiana Wesleyan University’s mission and goals.Support the policies of the Student Handbook with integrity.
· Administer the Lilly Grant Co-Curricular Transcript Program
· Meet twice a semester with the Lilly Grant administrator and participate in the Lilly Grant report writing process.
· Collaborate with Career Development on promotional materials that describe the IWU co-curricular experience for IWU faculty, staff and community members
· Fulfill other duties as assigned by supervisor
According to Indiana Wesleyan University’s employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.Education · Master’s degree preferred (higher education, student development or related area)Experience · 1 year of experience in co-curricular education (preferably student activities) Required Skills· Skills:Gifted in motivating others; creative and innovative; discerning; flexible; effective planner, organizer, and communicator; experience in developing Christian servant leaders.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer