Research Specialist II
RESEARCH SPECIALIST IIPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
DEPARTMENT OF CANCER BIOLOGYLocation Code:
Dept of Cancer Biology (06311A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
YesDuties and Responsibilities:
- Carries out complex experiments and technical procedures as directed by Principle Investigator (PI) involving surgery on animals, tissue or cell cultures, and making direct experimental measurements.
- Independently performs experimental techniques and operate specialized equipment required to complete the project.
- Sets up experimental design and lab technique.
- Assists in writing scientific manuscripts and presenting at meetings.
- Performs in-depth analysis of experimental results.
- Performs literature searches on computer and retrieve literature from library.
- Assists in modifying specific protocols and methodology.
- Monitors the inventory of essential lab supplies and may assist in ordering additional supplies when required.
- Maintains orderly records of purchases.
- Ensures lab environment complies with safety regulations and may assume partial responsibility for safety in the lab.
- Maintains a safe and orderly lab environment.
- Implements experiments and perform lab techniques specific to lab and in accordance with direction from individual PI.
- Trains and provides oversight of medical and graduate students, junior lab staff, and other lab users.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Required: Bachelors Degree Preferred: Masters Degree Minimum Experience: Required: 5+ years of previous job-related experience. Completion of relevant coursework is considered equivalent experience.Qualifications:
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to organize workflow.
- Ability to work on routine job with interpersonal contact skill.
- Ability to interact with internal and external constituents.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree, Preferred: Masters Degree
Experience Required: 5 years of previous job-related experience
Computer proficiency required. Experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs preferred. Use of some specialized computer programs will be part of the job responsibilities.Supervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
NoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? :
Lifting, Standing, Repetitive MotionsWorking Conditions:
Lighting, Heating, Ventilation, Odors, Noise, Animals, Irregular HoursOpen Date:
10/23/2020Quick Link for Posting: