CREATIVE STUDIO MANAGER
Manages the daily operations of the Marketing and Creative Services (Studio Twelve01) creative studio staff.Description of Duties
• Supervises Marketing and Creative Services creative studio staff (art directors, graphic designers, photographers, production artists, etc.).
• Active member of the creative team (senior level art director/graphic designer).
• Oversees, monitors and reviews work of staff and provides guidance, direction and advice as necessary.
• Coordinates the flow of all projects from production to distribution, establishing priorities and closely monitoring progress.
• Establishes, negotiates and monitors project production schedules.
• Meets with printing companies, request printing bids, evaluate printing options, and make recommendations on cost saving printing alternatives.
• Serves as the University’s authority on design guidelines, such as use of logo, maintains University Style Guide.
• Meets with clients, when needed, to get clarity on project or pitch concepts.
• Ensures files are properly packaged and completed; and sends them to printing agency.
• Works closely with Account Services Manager to assure quality of work is met.
• Relates design ideas from Account Services to designer when there needs to be clarification.
• Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.Supervision Received
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
Supervises assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Advertising, Graphic Design or a related field from an accredited University.Preferred Education
Five (5) years experience in a creative studio or similar setting, performing work of an Art Director or Graphic Designer, including two (2) years supervisory experience. Experience supervising print production.Preferred Experience
Ability to sketch and draw.Equipment
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of software and computer hardware. Expertise in typography.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment.Other
Must have ability to work under pressure and ability to interact with community partners. Excellent verbal and written skills. Some evening and/or weekend work. Some travel might be required.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date10/27/2020Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration DateEEO Statement
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26171Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document