INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Responsible for providing and coordinating support to faculty and students on issues directly related to the institution’s learning management system and all related instructional technologies and keeping up to date with technology developments with learning management systems.Description of Duties
• Provides advanced technical support to faculty and students for online teaching and learning tools such as the institution’s learning management system and related instructional.
• Develops and implements processes and controls for the provision of end-user support related to instructional technologies.
• Perform analysis and testing of end-user support systems and procedures.
• Manages and supervises student instructional support personnel to ensure resolution of all help requests related to instructional technologies supported by COLTT.
• Documents help desk standards and procedures in accordance with online learning and information resources standards.
• Provides assistance to faculty, staff, and administrators who have instructional technology needs.
• Interfaces with outside vendors and agencies as they relate to the responsibilities and user support associated with this position.
• Works closely with learning management system development staff in the setup, integration and performance monitoring of the university’s learning management system and related instructional technologies.
• Supports instructional Designer/Developer staff to facilitate adoption of instructional technologies.
• Attends and facilitate information sessions and presentations to publicize and educate students about instructional support services provided by department.
• Installs, configures and maintains instructional software and courseware, as well as troubleshoot problems with computer hardware and peripherals of COLTT instructional technology staff.
• Schedules lecture recordings and other training sessions.
• Researches emerging instructional technologies and assess their usefulness in education setting.
• Manages/maintains media room facilities and access for faculty.
• Performs other duties as assigned.Supervision Received
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.Required Education
Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited University in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a closely related field.Preferred Education
Two (2) years of experience in information technology and computer user support including hands-on experience with Learning Management Systems administration and integration.Preferred Experience
Be familiar with database administration and Linux/Unix systems administration. Knowledge of Banner Student Information System.Equipment
Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Windows and Office utilization and troubleshooting, and skilled in the transfer, editing, converting, storing, and streaming of digital video and audio.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Primarily assigned to an Office environment.Other
May be required to work night and/ or weekends. Some travel might be required. Must be able to work independently, as part of a team or as a leader of a group. Display exceptional troubleshooting, debugging, and problem solving skills with high level of attention to detail. This position may require physical activities such as lifting servers, moving desktops, etc.Physical Capabilities
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date11/01/2020Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration DateEEO Statement
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26166Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document