Visiting Faculty - Accounting
Present Position Number:
Visiting Faculty - AccountingPosition Summary:
The Accounting Program at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business, William and Mary, seeks applications for a visiting lecturer, clinical professor, or professor of accounting. This is a non-tenured position with a limited term that begins in the spring of 2021. Candidates should have an accounting degree at the graduate level or an accounting degree at the undergraduate level and hold a nationally recognized accounting certification. Applicants with an interest in financial accounting, managerial accounting, auditing, data analytics, and/or information systems will be considered. However, preference will be given to candidates who can teach a combination of financial accounting, managerial accounting or accounting analytics at the graduate level. The successful candidate will be asked to help develop and implement both undergraduate and graduate accounting courses.Required Qualifications:
• Accounting degree at the graduate level or accounting degree at the undergraduate level and hold a nationally recognized accounting certification.
• Applicants without a Ph.D. in accounting should have previous experience providing instruction at the college level in an academic setting or significant professional work experience.
• Interest in financial accounting, managerial accounting, auditing, data analytics, and/or information systems.
• Ability to teach a combination of financial accounting, managerial accounting and/or accounting analytics.
• A graduate degree in accounting or a graduate degree in analytics and an accounting background.
3L2000 School of Business - AdministrationLocation:
William & MaryJob Open Date:
10/26/2020Review Begin Date:
11/27/2020Job Close Date:
11/27/2020Open Until Filled:
Instructional FacultyBackground Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.