Advancement Services Research Coordinator
Note: This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventor
of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position
Advancement Services Research Coordinator
The incumbent will report to the Director of Advancement Services and support the prospect research and administrative functions of the department. Provide assistance with the research and analysis of individuals, corporations and foundations to help the College in identifying, cultivating and soliciting major donor prospects. Prepare confidential briefing documents on donors and potential donors by using print, search engines and other sources to compile information. Maintain office supplies, manage vendors and enter and track requisitions and payments for the department. Assist in the formulation of cultivation and solicitation strategies for prospective donors and stay abreast of current events, philanthropic trends and the College’s fundraising goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in preparing basic and comprehensive background research profiles that supports the College’s advancement efforts to identify potential major gift and high-level gift prospects.
- Conduct research and analysis on individuals, corporations, and foundations identified as potential donors and prepare briefing documents, profiles, and reports on donors and prospective donors.
- Provide support to the Director with preparing materials for prospect strategy meetings and major gift tracking reports.
- Manage, order, and maintain office supplies, enter and track requisitions, secure purchase orders, and monitor expenditures for the department.
- Manage vendor relationships including monitoring timelines for renewal of all contracts and agreements.
- Assist with maintaining and data entry of donor and prospect information in Banner Advancement Module.
- Provide assistance with pulling zip code, city, and state reports for statistical analysis and reporting.
- Assist with maintaining the established prospect moves management system by accurately coding, assigning prospects and following up with development staff.
- Identify prospects by daily indexing (newspapers, business publications, philanthropic journals, and news alerts) and sharing that information with the development staff where applicable.
- Responsible for scanning and maintaining prospect and donor documents to the Division master file drive.
- Research and seek out professional development opportunities such as webinar training and conferences.
- Provide general administrative support as requested including scanning/copying, making revisions to documents, preparing and distributing gift receipts, letters or other correspondence, filing, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience including one year directly related to fundraising research preferred.
This position requires a professional demeanor with the ability to interface with internal and external constituents with diplomacy and tact. Work requires attention to details, research, and compilation skills to accurately communicate details related to donors and prospects.
The incumbent must be able to write business correspondences and compose memos, letters, and emails. Also, must be able to read, analyze, and interpret periodical publications, corporate, foundation, and individual information to identify potential donors. Good proofreading skills are essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the ability to perform intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). In addition to producing correspondence, duties may involve assignments that require creating brochures, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, data entry and pulling reports from the Banner database, use of Microsoft Outlook to create e-mails, and Internet navigation.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to visit our website and apply via our online application: www.spelman.edu. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and a campus environment filled with unique opportunities and experiences.
Spelman College is an EOE/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Title IX Employer and we participate in E-Verify.
NO PHONE CALLS