Assistant Director of News, Data and Information
Assistant Director of News, Data and Information
Job no: 496796
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Administration, Athletics, Recreation, PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Full Time
SalariedHours Per Week:
The Assistant Director of News, Data and Information is charged with creating and managing Miami Athletics’ web strategy for MiamiRedHawks.com, ensuring that the content is fresh, relevant, accurate and consistent with the messages that are portrayed in other digital spaces for Miami Athletics. This position will work collaboratively with the Athletic Communications and Marketing team to create web content that directly align with the Graduating Champions mission, as well as the priority of generating revenue around ticketed sports. The assistant director will also be responsible for ensuring that accurate and timely previews and postgame reports are posted digitally for fans, recruits, etc. to stay up-to-date on Miami athletic programs during their seasons through the assistance of the Athletic Communications and Marketing full-time staff and student intern team.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
• Responsible for developing a web strategy that primarily focuses on the ticketed sports and generating revenue for the department. This will consist of creating captivating content that is interesting for all types of fans, as well as focusing on telling the story of our department, programs and the people within both areas through feature and human-interest stories and then delegating out responsibilities to execute the web strategy. This strategy will drive the digital media strategy to ensure consistency in messaging.
• Work with the Athletic Communications and Marketing full time team and student intern team to create pregame and postgame pieces for web and/or social media to keep fans up-to-date on the success of Miami Athletics’ programs.
• Serve as the daily liaison with Miami Athletics’ multi-media rights partner to ensure that all corporate sponsor obligations are being thoroughly planned for and executed to the highest ability and sponsor’s expectation. This will include but not be limited to website space, gameday reads and slides, gameday activations, special events, etc. and reported back to the Athletic Communications and Marketing team.
• Responsible for creating the content to highlight when student-athletes, coaches, programs, etc. win various awards available through their sport or conference.
• Work closely with the Athletic Communications and Marketing staff to ensure that the web strategy supports the overall marketing strategy, goals and mission of the department.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Strong proofreading skills
• Minimum one-three years’ experience at an NCAA Division I institution or conference or in professional sports.
• Prior experience working with student interns
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 07 Jul 2020 Eastern Daylight Time