Student Activities Coordinator
Student Activities Coordinator
Job no: 497023
Department: Dolibois European Center
Location: Oxford, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: Student Services
Status: Part Time
The Student Activities Coordinator (SAC) temporary position provides support to all out of class learning realms of student life at the Miami University Dolibois European Center in Luxembourg. The SAC facilitates the social, academic, and personal adjustment of students to the European experience, and supports students in building a community as members and active participants in the residential life of the Luxembourg campus system. The SAC serves as a positive role model for students. This a temporary position which may be renewed for up to one year, through academic year 2022-2023.Duties/Physical Demands:
Duties of the Student Activities Coordinator includes but is not limited to the following:
• Coordinate student support toward increased student success and cultural adjustment. Support community building which develops a common sense of purpose and belonging, safety, and acceptance where students look beyond themselves to feel a sense of responsibility and commitment, as well as valuing others.
• Supports risk management and crisis response in collaboration with administrators and staff in Luxembourg and in Oxford.
• Assist student activities outside of the classroom, including cultural discovery and European travel.
• Participates in and supports logistical arrangements for study tours, Discovery Tours, and field trips.
• Coordination, marketing, and development of all MUDEC-sponsored activities, including cohort programs.
• Collaboration with local stakeholders to establish and publicize community outreach events.
• Serves as a liaison to the Miami University Luxembourg Alumni Chapter.
• Collaborates with MUDEC administration and GLI communications staff to contribute to distributed communications and advise to ensure coherent and effective delivery of student activities updates through newsletter, social media, and other broadcast media.
• Manages activities of the MUDEC Student Faculty Council .
• The position requires 30 hours per week with fixed office hours, Wednesday through Sunday, and flexibility regarding additional working hours.Minimum Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree by the start date of the appointment
● Verified experience living, studying, or working outside of the United States.
Position not eligible for H1B sponsorship.Desired Qualifications:
Considerations may be made for candidates with the following:
● At least one semester of study abroad within the last five academic years.
● Previous experience as a Resident Director/Assistant/Advisor in a student residence hall or youth program residential setting.
● Proficiency in French.
● Social media marketing and communication experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Applicants must also have the following skills and abilities: communicate well in group and individual situations; establish rapport with a wide variety of people; design and implement experiences to meet specific established learning goals; and, quickly evaluate crisis situations and respond appropriately.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries may be directed to Donna Gouvan at [email protected]EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin October 26, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 14 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time