Assistant Director of Alumni & Family Engagement, Communications & Marketing
Title: Assistant Director of Alumni & Family Engagement, Communications & Marketing
Work Schedule: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Some evenings and weekends required.
Department: Development / Alumni Engagement
Characteristics of the Class:
Primary focus areas include increasing alumni and family participation in the life of the College through the development and execution of an annual communications plan. The position leads brand-driven communications projects and is responsible for creating, curating, and delivering content that fosters a culture of philanthropy and inspires action. This position is a key member of the Development and Alumni Engagement department, requiring a highly collaborative approach, positive attitude, perseverance, and the ability to think strategically and creatively. This position reports to the Director of Alumni and Family Engagement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement a multi-channel communications plan that fosters a culture of philanthropy, markets events and programs, communicates giving opportunities, and engages alumni and families in the life of the College; ensuring that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget;
- Manage alumni and family engagement website, email campaigns, and social media platforms;
- Develop compelling digital content and strategies that increase traffic and grow engagement; assess impact, regularly report metrics and data analysis, and make strategic recommendations for improvement;
- Work collaboratively with the Alumni and Family Engagement team to plan and produce digital engagement initiatives;
- Create and distribute impactful print pieces, including invitations, announcements, postcards, and other and outreach materials;
- Collaborate with the Communications Office to ensure alumni and family engagement messaging and promotional efforts consistently align with College brand standards;
- Serve as a member of the Alumni & Family Engagement team by participating in group strategy discussions, providing project leadership, sharing information with colleagues and contributing to the achievement of the overall goals of the Development and Alumni Engagement department;
- Appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of many social, economic, cultural, ideological, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Marginal Job Functions:
- Provide support to campus offices requiring the involvement of parents, families, and alumni;
- Serve as a member of the annual giving solicitation team in conjunction with other members of the College’s advancement staff;
- Contribute to the overall success of the department by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required. Three to five years of professional communications or marketing experience preferred. Experience managing website and email content management systems and social media platforms is strongly preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe CreativeSuite. Valid driver’s license required.
Knowledge and Skills
Goal-oriented individual with strong project management, communications, and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of attention to detail and an eye for good design. Excellent interpersonal skills with a collaborative, proactive and positive attitude. Capable of handling all activities and highly confidential information with patience, flexibility, discretion, and tact.
Limited pushing, pulling, lifting. Lifting would not exceed 20 lbs.
Mobility on campus and ability to travel necessary.