Chancellor – Hamilton, County
Ivy Tech Community College prepares Indiana residents to learn, live, and work in a diverse and globally competitive environment by delivering professional, technical, transfer, and lifelong education. Through its affordable, open-access education and training programs, the College enhances the development of Indiana’s citizens and communities and strengthens its economy. Ivy Tech Community College is the state's largest public postsecondary institution and the nation's largest singly accredited statewide community college system.
Ivy Tech Community College is preparing for its site in Noblesville to become its 19th official campus. The site will be renamed the Ivy Tech Hamilton County campus and the college is conducting a national search to recruit a chancellor. The transition from a site to a campus over the next several months will include the addition of programs and services that are aligned with the employers of Hamilton County.
The Hamilton County Campus, located in the county seat of Noblesville, will serve the greater Hamilton County. Strategically located in the Indianapolis metropolitan area, Hamilton County has a population of approximately 338,011, and is ranked 4th in population in the state of Indiana. It includes the cities of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, and Westfield and the towns of Atlanta, Arcadia, Cicero, and Sheridan, whose communities hold multiple national rankings. It is ranked nationally in adults that have a high school+ and bachelor’s degree, median household income, population growth since 2010, and a national designation as a Best Place to Live and Raise a Family. Several of the K-12 schools in the Hamilton County service area, also have national rankings. There are 9,153 employers in the county, with growth projections over the next five years in nearly all occupation families. The highest demand occupational group being Business and Financial Operations. Nationally, Hamilton County is ranked 13th for share of jobs in the Finance and Insurance industry. Management Occupations are also in strong demand, among others. Hamilton County was recently designated as a 21st Century Talent Region.
The Chancellor is the senior administrator for all campus services and is responsible for the management and oversight of the day-to-day campus operations while fostering a campus climate that is consistent with the College's core values. Focused on increasing enrollment, student success, retention, credential completions, transfer success, and career placement the Chancellor consults with Systems Office and campus Cabinet to: (1) achieve strategic plan mission, vision, goals and metrics; (2) build new and varied employer and community outreach and partnerships (3) ensure the availability of the College's instructional and student support services; (4) oversee fundraising for the campus, and (5) develop and lead a team to successfully implement strategies in order to meet the needs of a diverse community and student body on campus. Works closely with Vice President of Strategic Operations, campus support team and Systems Office. Reports directly to the President.
- Master's degree.
- Must possess excellent organizational, planning, evaluation, interpersonal and communication skills and have an ability and willingness to travel.
- Must be adept at resolving individual and group conflicts, and must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to identify key issues and to carry forward an idea or project from conception to execution.
- Track record of thinking conceptually and mastering complex subject matter quickly.
- Good judgment, discretion, tact and the ability to work easily with senior leaders within the education, charitable, government, and business sectors.
- Proven ability to partner well with colleagues both in and outside of the organization.
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
- Executive level leadership and management experience in post-secondary education.
- Evidence of working with adult students' success.
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana is an accredited, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity or status as a veteran.