Job no: 514966
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Categories: Health Profession
Department:32060501 - PH-CENTER OF QTY MED LAKE NONA
Advertised: 27 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time
Clinical PharmacistJob Description:
This position is located in Orlando, Florida. This position is for a Clinical Pharmacist in the Center for Quality Medication Management at the University of Florida College of Pharmacy's Lake Nona Campus in the Orlando area.
- Perform MTM (Medication Therapy Management) Services including quality services, such as adherence interventions, provider and member outreach for performance measure improvement opportunities, and other programs offered by the UF Center for Quality Medication Management.
- Supervisor, and precept student pharmacists, in completion of MTM services.
- Participate in all required CQM operational meetings.
- Contribute to the CQM quality assurance and improvement process.
- Master all policies and procedures.
Licensed as a pharmacist in accordance with Chapter 465, Florida Statutes.Preferred Qualifications:
- PharmD degree from a fully accredited college or university, or equivalent degree with applicable practice experience.
- Strong clinical therapeutic skills.
- Geriatric or ambulatory care practice.
- Prior medication management experience.
- Pharmacy student preceptor experience.
- Current license to practice pharmacy in Florida and eligible/willing to obtain licenses in other states as needed.
- Experience in a patient care environment.
- Ability to work in a structured, fast paced call center environment and be able to sit for long periods of time making continuous calls for the majority of the shift.
- Must be self-directed and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple people and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong skills in relationship building.
- Understand the pharmacist’s clinical role in the care of Medicare patients.
- General knowledge of the therapeutic categories and common indications of these medications.
- Uses and pronounces common medical and pharmacy terms correctly.
- High energy, mature, and comfortable working with all levels of professionals, students, and patients.
- Articulate and understands how to communicate with seniors using the telephone.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of references.
Interviews will be ongoing for multiple available positions at UF's Lake Nona Campus in Orlando, FL.
These positions require a criminal background check prior to hire.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: